Chapter 15

"AND THEN THE BASTARD HAS THE FUCKING NERVE TO TELL ME!!! I SHOULD BE MORE RESPECTFUL TO HIM AS HIGH LORD!!! I'M GONNA FUCKING FRENCH FRY THAT BLONDE BITCH!" Kali ranted to poor Nesta, who was barely listening anymore. 

This is how this conversation (rant) began. 

"So, how are Feyre and her High Lord?" Nesta asked casually.

"I have no words!" Kali roared.

Despite having no words Kali bitched about her hatred for Tamlin for the next three hours. "And Feyre is marrying this man?"

"Not if I have anything to say about it..." 

Kali had spent the next three days at the Archeron estate. She even met Elaine's lover, though she didn't dislike the boy Kali was of the opinion that Elaine could do so much better.

She sometimes heard Feyre's voice in her head during the night and stayed up comforting her sister even from the human realm.

On the morning of the fourth day, Kali got up early for her flight back to the Spring Court. 

Today was Feyre's wedding day.

One wrong look from her sister and they would be taking off to the Archeron estate in seconds. She didn't care about Tampon's feelings at all... her sisters were her life and she would break every rule to help them. Even killing a high lord. 

As she touched down she made her way to where she knew Feyre was getting ready. She quietly opened the door and stared at her sister. 

"...Okay I'm gonna be real brutal here for a second, but it's because I love you, okay?......... That is the ugliest fucking wedding dress I've ever seen."

Feyre spun around tears filling her eyes as she saw her sister leaning against the doorway. "You made it! .... And... it's not... THAT bad." Feyre said unsure of her own words as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"Ah yes I hear that style is very in with the blind." Kali joked as she walked up to her sister. They made eye contact in the mirror and both burst into ugly laughter. 

"It's really awful isn't it."

"It's so bad, star. Are those feathers sewn in? I didn't even know sleeves could be that puffy! You look like you needed to be inflated." 

"You should see the dress I turned down." 

"Oh, cauldron this is criminal..." 

Feyre turned, smiling brightly for the first time that day. She couldn't help this sinking feeling in her chest about marrying Tamlin. 

Today should be the happiest day of her life and yet here she was, utterly miserable. 

Her sister's words had been playing in her head on repeat as Ianthe force-fed her wedding-related decisions. 

Now that Kali was there she felt like she could breathe again.

"Will you walk me down the aisle?" Feyre asked softly. 

A loving smile enveloped Kali's face as she dodged feyre's annoying sleeves to hug her, "Of course, Feyre darling... I'll always be by your side." 

They descended the stairs arm in the arm making their way towards the beautifully decorated wedding area.