Chapter 17

Kali did not go to breakfast with Feyre. 

She refused to go near her father any more than she had to. She was in the night court for Feyre, everyone else could go to hell as far as she was concerned

Feyre had returned to their room and word vomited information on her. 

Rhysand wanted to teach her how to read and how to block out Daemati's powers. 

She had met Mor, Rhysand's cousin who looked nothing like him.

And most importantly there was a war coming. Hybern was going to invade the mortal realm. Their sisters would be in danger. It was the first time 

One morning in the night court and they already were in the middle of a brewing war. 

Kali left the room for the first time to find Rhysand. She needed to know more, needed to know her family would be safe. She'd walk straight into Hybern herself and slaughter as many as she could before dying if it meant keeping her family safe. 

She turned a corner crashing roughly into a female fae. 

She was gorgeous, with perfectly styled blonde hair and a well-fitted black dress. "Sorry," Kali muttered trying to move around the stunned female. 

"W-wait!" The woman cried out after Kali causing her to stop and turn to acknowledge the blonde.

"I'm Mor. I'm your father's cousin. Y-your name is Alya, right?" The female, Mor, said looking like she was holding back tears. 

"I don't have a father, so we have no relation that matters to me... and no my name isn't Alya... My name is Kali Archeron." She spoke coldly. Her violet eyes practically glowed with barely concealed rage. 

Darkness danced around her and even the Morrigan had to admit, that the girl was intimidating. She was well built, like a warrior. The Illyrian tattoos she spotted crawling up the girl's neck proved he was a fighter. 

She looked like a female version of Rhys with a few structural differences here and there. The girl was barely 51 years old, but her eyes were haunted with the wisdom of most 500-year-old fae. She was a kid who never got to be a kid. 

"I'm looking for your High Lord. Where is he?" Kali asked in her monotone deadly calm. 

Mor's eyes glaze over as she called out to Rhys in her mind.

"I told him you were looking for him. He'll be waiting in the sitting room you were first in when you got here."

With a nod of understanding, Kali turned and marched her way back the way to where Rhysand was.

~~~~~~

"Rhys!"

"What Mor, some of us have actual jobs to do!"

"Well then I guess you're too busy to hear, your daughter is looking for you. She wants to talk."

"TELL HER I'LL MEET HER IN THE SITTING ROOM WHERE SHE FIRST WINNOWED IN!"

Rhys had never run so fast in his life. He was pacing the length of the sitting room, waiting for Alya to arrive. 

Why did she want to speak to him? Didn't she tell Feyre to tell him to go to hell? What does she want? Does she want to talk about us? Does she hate me? Is she-

"Rhysand." A cold tone sound out from behind him and he had to force himself not to jump. 

"Alya. What can I do for you?" Rhysand asked, sliding his sweat-soaked hands into his pockets so she wouldn't see them shaking.