Chapter 37

"What exactly should I be expecting from this court of nightmares?" Kali asked as Mor once again placed the now all too familiar tiara on her head. 

"A bunch of liars, monsters, manipulators. Be prepared to be looked down upon because you're a woman. And please try not to kill anyone, we do need them." Mor answered as the finishing touches were placed. 

Her dress looked more like armor, it gave her an air of danger while still maintaining that regalness that she had become accustomed to during her time in the Night Court. 

"Your father will be there," Kali commented, watching Mor stiffen in the mirror's reflection. 

"Yes."

"Then we best raise some hell. I would love to see him grovel before a woman." Kali's smile turned vicious. Truly the dangerous edge in her eye startled Mor. 

This girl was not Rhys, she held some resemblance to his father. Shaped by hardship, she was a being of pure vengeance. Kali may love endlessly like her father, but she hates in a way he never could.

"Let's go," Mor said walking towards the door. 

"You all go ahead," Kali said. 

Mor turned in confusion, Kali saw this and continued, "I'll catch up."

"Making an entrance? ... Maybe you are more like Rhysand than I thought," Mor whispered the last part to herself as she went downstairs.

Kali waited, she closed her eyes and watched what was happening through the eyes of her mate who stood in the back of the room. 

There at the front, her sister was being carted around like a whore by Rhysand. Keir was talking but Kali didn't give a fuck. 

Now.

Something in the air changed within the court of nightmares. All fell silent as they looked towards the doors of the hall. 

The sound of sharp clicking heels echoed at a slow, nonchalant pace that came closer and closer.

People held their breaths as the doors swung open on their own. There strolled in a being of unbelievable power. The room felt heavier when she walked in as if all hope and joy were sucked out. 

Pure, unadulterated bloodlust surrounded her like the darkness that followed her every step. Like a predator, waiting, begging for a reason to attack.

Everyone moved as far away as they could from the female who looked so much like their high lord. For a moment, they thought it was Rhysand's sister back from the dead. 

"So nice of you to finally join us, daughter." Rhysand cooed, allowing some annoyance to slip into his tone. 

"I was busy enjoying my last few moments free from your annoying presence." She shot back, a wicked gleam in her purple eyes. 

The people were shocked. 

Not only was she wearing the crown for female heirs, but she also talked down to Rhysand, the most powerful high lord.

"And you are?" Keir spat at the audacity of the female. 

Terror shot through him as her head snapped in his direction. Pain erupted within him as he dropped to his knees, screaming in phantom agony. 

"SHhhhh" She whispered before stripping him of his ability to scream. 

Keir sat on his knees, shaking, tears involuntarily falling down his face. "Pets aren't allowed to speak to their masters unless spoken to. Know. Your. Place... Filthy mutt. I am Kali Archeron." 

Terror filled the room at the display, only growing as a ferocious smile took over her beautiful face. They knew the name Kali Archeron.

Alya as she was once known. Killer of Amarantha. Survivor of the generation of Heirs. Future High Lady of the night court. 

"It seems Rhysands kindness has allowed you vermin to become so... daring... so entitled. You forget the rules of survival here in your golden cage...The only power you have is the power we so charitably bestow upon you... should you decide you can play with the adults, be prepared to feel what true power is..." 

With the snap of her fingers, she sent the illusion to every one of their minds. To them, it looked as if keir exploded into tiny little pieces before she snapped again and he was once more whole. 

Keir was in a nightmare of his own, feeling as if he had died and been brought back in a moment. 

"Remember this moment children. You can not fight against me... I would end you all with a wave of a hand... You look better on your knees mutt, much more fitting for someone of your standing." Kali pat his head before turning her attention back to her father. 

"Well as entertaining as that was... go play." The room shakingly came back to life as Feyre stood from Rhysands lap and made her way towards Kali. 

"Are you alright?" Kali whispered in her mind. 

"I'm fine. Azriel, however, looks as if he's ready to pounce on you." Feyre giggled back. 

Kali turned to eye the vein currently popping out of Azriel's neck. His golden eyes were once again practically glowing as he watched her every movement. 

His thoughts were filthy at the moment. 

"What naughty thoughts you have Shadowsinger. Did my little performance really stir so much within you?" Kali taunted. 

"I will fuck you right now in front of this court and your father." He spat down the bond as if that were a threat. 

A mischievous smile took over her face as her eyebrows raised in mock question. 

That was until she heard what keir said to Feyre... 

The power of night exploded as the power of the High Lord and his Heir combined shaking the mountain. The darkness worked as one to break every bone in Keir's body.  

He laid a pile of flesh and broken bones on the floor. 

"How foolish of you to ignore my kind warnings, boy..." Kali growled as she stalked towards him. 

"Let's make the lesson a little clearer... Shall we?"