Chapter 39

"I'm ready to see him."

After days of Rhysand begging his daughter to tell him where Feyre's hiding, one would think he'd grow tired of it. 

Feyre had painted every wall in the place, an act of vandalism that Kali found very funny. 

"You don't have to," Kali said, almost hoping that Feyre would say she never wanted to see the bastard again. 

"No... I want to. I want to speak with him. I have questions and I want answers." Feyre said absolutely. 

"...As you wish, Little star." Kali turned to leave only to be stopped by Feyre once more. 

"Kali... Can I ask you something... a secret?" Feyre asked. 

"Maybe..." the wariness in her voice was evident. 

"Is Rhysand-?... Why does Rhys-..." 

"Just ask your question, star..."

"Who is Rhysand to you? You look so alike... and you hate him so much..." Feyre asked pulling her sister's hand to sit beside her. 

"Rhysand... Rhysand is my father, Feyre." 

Her eyes grew three sizes as she stared at Kali in shock. It had been one of her Theories but she never expected it to be right. 

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" 

"Well... When we first met him, no one knew I was alive. I was born because Amarantha came up with this idea. She sent a bunch of Hybern women to seduce the high lords so that she could hold their children prisoner as a constant threat. The generation of heirs, that's what they called us... I was the only survivor... If anyone found out I was heir to the night court, you, Nesta, Elain, you would all be in danger because of me... Then you came here... I reject that man as my father, Feyre. I am no heir just as he is no father."

"That's why you didn't want to kill him? He's your father?" Feyre asked. 

"I hold no affection for my father. I didn't want to kill him, Feyre darling because I am his only living child and therefore his heir." Kali answered, honestly.

"So if he died you would be..."

"High Lady of the Night Court," Kali answered.

"Would you ever have told me if I was not his mate?"

"Hopefully never. I was hoping after the war was over, I'd never have to see Rhysand again. But I met my mate and you met yours and the mother is a sadistic bitch."

Feyre laughed slightly at the last part before turning to look at her sister. 

"Fates made things weird," Feyre commented laughing at the unfunny situation. 

"Could be weirder."

"I am mated to my sister/ mother figure's biological father... In other words, if you aren't grasping the weirdness of our situation, my mate is my adopted father/ adopted grandfather/ faerie boyfriend....NO KALI IT COULDN'T BE WEIRDER!"

They both laughed at the ridiculousness of their circumstances. 

"I'll go fetch the bastard... I do love you, little star. More than anything." Kali whispered placing a kiss on her sister's forehead.