Chapter 11

~~~KALI POV~~~

Kali stood silently in the crowd as the second task began. Security had been harsh on her sister so she wasn't able to see her as often as she would like. 

Maria, a maid Kali knew from twenty years ago, had been hiding the young heiress in her rooms for days waiting for the heat to die down. It was unclear if Rhysand had told Amarantha about Alya's presence but Kali thought it best to be careful just in case. 

She saw the panic in her sister's eyes when the task involved reading. 

'Kali? Please be there! I need you!"

Feyre shouted down the bond of their bargain. She felt her sister's fear and sent a wave of calm right back. 

'Relax feyre darling. I will guide your hand you, just need to trust me.' 

Feyre nodded to herself, allowing her hand to move towards the levers. Just as Kali promised, her muscles forced her to pick the correct one, saving Lucien in the process.

'Thank you."

'Such little faith in me, sister. Should I be offended?" 

Kali smiled slightly seeing the grin on her sister's face. Amarantha looked furious, which only added to Kali's enjoyment of Feyre's victory. 

Following her sister back down to the cells she hide amongst the shadows until Feyre was completely alone. "Well done Feyre darling. My little star shines brightly even here." Kali cooed as she combed her fingers through Feyre's tangled hair.

"Kali... can I ask you something?" Feyre asked in a small voice as she rested her head against Kali's shoulder. 

"Of Course." 

"Why did you tell me to give Rhysand the name Alya?" 

She felt Kali's shoulders tense against her cheek and heard a sharp intake of breath from her sister. She moved to look into her sister's eyes properly, waiting to see if Kali would answer her inquiry. 

"I just want to let you know this counts as your daily secret...Alya... It was my name... a name that died with a girl I was... Alya is dead now, little star... Only Kali remains." She answered honestly. 

Feyre's eyes widened.

A small sad smile grew on Kali's flawless face, her violet eyes shone bright like starlight with a haunted look. 

"Why did you want me to tell him your name?" She softly asked.

"So he knows... So that when he takes you to his court of nightmares, he knows that the monster he helped cage, waits for him in the shadows."

That was true but not entirely true. The reason she told Feyre to give her true name, was to instate a threat. To warn the High Lord that his daughter, the only person under this mountain who could challenge him as an equal, was alive and well and thirsty for blood should he touch Feyre.

"He helped cage you?" Feyre asked solemnly. 

"The High Lord of Night was the reason for our imprisonment." 

"Then why not kill him?"

"There are too many reasons why that would be a horrible idea. It is safer for him to live." What she didn't want to tell her was that if Rhysand did die, she would become a High Lady. 

The Night Court would not rest until she was dragged back and forced to sit on her fathers throne. 

It was safer for Feyre not to know of her true relation to Rhysand. Feyre was far too close to the high lords and Kali couldn't take risks.