{ Chapter 72 }

<Enjoy the long chapter! Don't forget to VOTE! Ps. Your comments make my day MWAH>

"𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝔂 𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓻 𝓫𝓻𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝔂" - 𝓤𝓷𝓴𝓸𝔀𝓷

Chapter 72:

I sighed plopping my back on my bed and putting my arm above my head in the dimly lit room

I lifted my arm looking at the flower between my fingers and gently ran my fingers above its petals. I sighed putting it under my pillow before gazing back at the ceiling.

"I'm okay, Lexi", I let out a short giggle as she nudged my elbow whining, "I'm a bit tired. That's all"

Exhausted

Way far away from tired.

I turned to my nightstand tapping my phone twice to check the time. So many thoughts were on my mind, especially after I came back from the SGD meeting more than two hours ago.

10:02 PM

I took a shower and reviewed a couple of notes for tomorrow. I just want to curl under my covers, and I did just that.

Turning to my side I glared at the soft orange-yellow hue coming out of the lamp on my nightstand. I can't believe I forgot to turn it off, but I'm already comfy.

But the light isn't dim enough.

Groaning I rolled over all the way to the lamp before I heard a knock from my balcony.

Damon

I don't know if I should be relieved that he stopped by or cranky at the fact that he didn't.

Maybe cranky because he's interrupting my sleep.

I twisted the stuck knob of the door, but it won't budge, "Are you serious?!", I huffed twisting and pulling, "This stupid-"

The door flew open letting the wind with it, and I stumbled back startled by the act. Lexi stood at the edge of the bed barking at the crazily floating curtains.

Yeah, today isn't my day.

"Darn it", Damon went in locking the door then immediately turning towards me, "It sure is windy outside. Are you alright?"

Startled by him cupping my cheeks and inspecting my face I said, "Y-Yeah... I just didn't expect it to become this windy", I let out a chuckle.

He moved to pet Lexi as she wiggled her tail looking at him, "Hey you"

His line of sight caught the lamp, and then he looked at me.

"Did I wake you?", his eyes flickered back to my face the second he saw my attire. I was wearing fluffy pink shorts and a matching hoodie with a white heart on it. Just so you know, my house has a built-in heater.