{ Chapter 73 }

"𝓘 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓲𝓷 𝓪 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽, 𝓷𝓸 𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷" - 𝓓𝓪𝓶𝓸𝓷 𝓢𝓪𝓵𝓿𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓥𝓪𝓶𝓹𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓓𝓲𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓴𝓪 𝓘𝓪𝓷 𝓢𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓻𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓭𝓮𝓻

Chapter 73:

It's a different kind of joy when you finish school on Monday, and knowing I'll get back to my house with a certain someone after our confession on Sunday gives me the butterflies kind of joy

6:36 PM

"Will you stop checking the time for the sixth time now?", Cayden waved his hand at me, "For real, are you okay today? You've been distracted since morning?"

I flipped back my phone giving him a look of disbelief, "I'm not distracted! I'm just bored, okay?"

After school, and since I had to give him a ride back to his house, Cayden dragged me into his house and persuaded, more like forced, me to stay over for a best friend study date for the upcoming finals. I already started summarising my Literature notes throughout the weekend, but because Cayden didn't, I've been helping him out since the school day ended.

I've been also zoning out. Don't blame me, okay? I'm trying to write a script inside my head and figure out what I should and shouldn't say or do when Damon visits tonight, but Cayden shouldn't know that.

"Bored?", both of his eyebrows shot up, "I've literally brought you pizza, and Oreos and entertained you. What more do you want, lady?"

I snorted before letting out a giggle, "What entertainment is this? I'm watching you take notes", I took a sip from my water bottle, "If you are referring to the funny faces you're making as you read things you don't understand, then you're right. That's entertainment"

Cayden let out the most dramatic gasp, "For your information, I was referring to my attractive face. Isn't that entertaining enough?"

Good one, Cayden.

While Cayden is good-looking, I can never think of him like that.

"Attractive face?" I took a paper he was writing on and shoving it on his face, "Let's see how this attractiveness of yours will help you with your exam"

He signed giving me a playful glare before picking up his pen and writing again.

I was the one who made him agree on these criteria for studying. Cayden prefers the have-fun-then-study rule. While we have our similarities, our differences are pretty simple. Cayden is a 'pro' at pro-crastinating things and ends up not doing them. However, I'm a 'pro' at pro-voking him not to, at least in the studying department.