{ Chapter 77 }

"𝓣𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓾𝓹 𝓯𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓿𝓲𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓷" - 𝓤𝓷𝓴𝓸𝔀𝓷

Chapter 77:

9:11 PM

Daniel's graduation event ended about ten minutes ago.

While the principal was going over his thank-you speech, the students were making their way to their parents. Daniel gave us all a hug, and I gave him his graduation present.

Amelia scolded me claiming I didn't have to bring anything; nevertheless, she was thankful. Daniel couldn't stay still as he started planning with Ryder the 'practice hours' for playing with the roller skates.

Now, it's time for everyone to go back to their homes. If you haven't guessed already it's a Wednesday night, and making my way to my house would be a great idea if I want to wake up to school tomorrow.

Oh, and I'm going to walk to my house.

"Absolutely, not!", Amelia gave me a devastating look.

Yeah, about that...

So I told Amelia I'll walk to my house, and she flat out denied saying they'll give me a ride back. Their house is way opposite to mine.

"It's a barley ten minutes walk", I argued, "Plus, Daniel fell asleep. I'm sure his bed is way more comfortable than the car"

Three minutes after Daniel got into the car, he crashed into slumber sleep. I low-key envy how fast he was able to venture into his dreams. I feel bad though, Bill told me they've been practicing since morning for the ceremony.

Poor Daniel...

"It's a fifteen-minute walk", Ryder corrected me.

On which side is he?!

Amelia's eyes widened before she gasped looking at me, "Annie, it's too dangerous to walk all alone! I won't allow it!"

"Ryder!", I hissed before turning back towards Amelia, "It's not a big deal, Mrs. King, I-"

"Is everything alright, Amelia?", Bill poked his head out of the window's car.

Amelia was about to explain to him the situation before Ryder swooped in, "Everything is okay. I was just saying how I'll walk with Annie on her way back"

Yeah, he was just saying-

"What?", I whispered glaring at Ryder while Amelia was processing what her son just said.

"Great then it's settled-", Bill smiled at us before it disappeared the second his wife glared at him.

"How will you get back home, mister?", she pointed a finger at him.