{ Chapter 74 }

"𝓣𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮'𝓼 𝓪 𝓶𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓪𝓰𝓮 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝔂 𝓪 𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾. 𝓙𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓷..." - 𝓡.𝓗 𝓢𝓲𝓷

Chapter 74:

It's been one week since our confession, Damon and I, and he's been visiting since then

It's been one week since our confession, Damon and I, and he's been visiting since then. We've been going over the evidence the SDG supposedly overlooked. One week is a long time to go over a case the head of the SDG banned. We only found a few articles on the internet that in fact didn't include any pictures of the incident and no hard copies or physical documents that were of our reach, and that's it. 

This brings us, fast forward to Monday. We're past halfway through our PE class, and we're bored out of our minds. Mr. Cameron wasn't able to make it to today's class, and we can't be dismissed until the class hour is up; these are the school's rules, not mine.

I was sitting with my knees up to my chest reading a psychology book, Felix was lying flat on his back twirling a flower between his fingers, and Cayden and Ryder have been throwing a football at each other for the past fifteen minutes. If that isn't boredom, please enlighten me. 

"What about Kacy?", Ryder threw a football for Cayden to catch.

We've been trying to find Cayden a date for the prom. Since I made a deal with him and accepted it by going with Ryder, I get to choose his date for prom. Ryder knows about our deal because I already told him, but Felix doesn't. Nevertheless, Felix hasn't been questioning our conversation, and he seems too lost in his thought. However, Ryder is surprisingly teasing Cayden about it, which only means one thing they have warmed up to each other.

"Kacy Rose?", Cayden scrunched up his face throwing the ball back to Ryder, "No way, man"

Felix slightly lifted his head making eye contact with me, and finally engaging with  this conversation, "Isn't she one of Erika's friends?"

"I mean she stays with her all the time...", I shrugged giving him a sheepish smile as I saw Ryder throwing the ball back to Cayden.

"More like follows her", my best friend muttered under his breath loud for us to hear as he threw the ball to Ryder.

"Oh, come on!", Ryder chuckled, his tone teasing, catching the ball, "I saw her gazing at you"

"More like creepily staring", Cayden gave us a look making me giggle, "Nope, thanks"

"I think they'll be the perfect pair", he turned to me wriggling his eyebrows with a devilish grin, "Don't you think, short stuff?"

I gently placed the bookmark before closing my book, "I'll take that into consideration...", I had to hold my laugh in.

Cayden's head jerked towards me with his eyebrows raised as he watched me stand up, "Ania, no...", he warned.

"I don't know, Cayden", I strolled beside Ryder giving him a teasing grin, "The choice seems tempting..."