{ Chapter 40 }

"𝓗𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸 911, 𝓘'𝓶 𝓸𝓷 𝓯𝓲𝓻𝓮" - 𝓤𝓷𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀𝓷

Chapter 40:

"Good job everyone", Cayden said as I plopped flat on the ground

We just finished practice.

Thank God, we finished before 3:30 pm by fifteen minutes because throughout the practice I remembered that I have to change my clothes to some more formal ones.

We are one week away from the competition that's why we began, from Monday, to practice the running round and the bicycle round together, which is so tiring not gonna lie. As for the monkey bars round, I have no idea how we will merge all the rounds together.

"See you later, man", Cayden and Ryder did the bro handshake.

Speaking of these two, their friendship is blooming. I shivered at the thought. I'm starting to believe that Cayden is replacing me with him. I have been his best friend for three years. I can't ignore the fact that Cayden is acting distance towards Felix, and it's kinda weird. Like can't he see that Ryder is the real deal here, not Felix. Sometimes I just want to slap Cayden and say: For Lexi's sake can you open your eyes for a minute?!

"Are you going to stay on the ground?", Felix extended his hand for me chuckling.

*SCOFF IN MY HEAD SO FELIX WON'T THINK I'M ANNOYED BECAUSE OF HIM*

At least someone remembers my existence.

"The grass seemed like a comfy spot especially after this practice, so why not?", I giggled taking his hand, "Thanks"

"Tough practice indeed", he smiled still holding my hand.

He stood there looking at me while my vision went down to our hands. His palm was soft and warm, but I couldn't feel anything. I want to give Felix a chance. But now that I spent more time with Damon, I can tell the difference between the two.

When I'm around Felix I see a lost boy who wants someone to light up his end of the tunnel. I see a handsome guy who wished for a bright future and someone, more like a girl, to spend the perfect relationship with her.

However, when I'm around Damon, I see a whole different person. He's the type of guy who is fed up with waiting for people to light the end of this tunnel. He's the guy who lit that tunnel himself, and I believe that that is the reason he turned out the way he is today. Maybe he lit that tunnel so much that he ended up burning it's 'direction sings' forcing him to take the wrong path. Nevertheless, when I'm around him, I feel a... Pull? I don't know how to explain it. It's just weird. Unlike Felix, he's more confident and fierce. I just don't know anymore how I feel about him.

I looked at Felix smiling, "Easy for you to say Mister I-have-longer-legs-than-Annie. I had to do all the work by keeping up with you", I let out a dramatic sigh.