{ Chapter 15 }

"𝓦𝓸𝓻𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓭𝓿𝓲𝓬𝓮: 𝓓𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 '𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼'. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓻𝓮𝓯𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓼𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 '𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼'." - 𝓗𝓪𝓵𝓼𝓮𝔂

Chapter 15:

It feels nice!

It feels nice!

"Yeah!", I jumped from roof to roof patrolling around the city.

Thank God I have air pressure under my feet or my ankle would have been dead a long time ago.

I raised my hand as a swirl of frozen ice escaped from my non-gloved hand.

I stood on the top of a random roof building looking at the view of the lit-up city.

I signed. It was quite a view. Buildings were lit up. Cars looked like neon ants running around.

I always feel safe when I'm Lady Solain. I feel closer to her; closer to my mom. I feel...

Home...

"Help!", the sound of an old man echoed from afar.

That was fast. Mark the sarcasm.

I STOPPED PATROLLING FOR A FREAKING ONE WEEK, AND THIS HAPPENS!?

The villain better be worth my time.

"You better tell me whose you hero here", an unfamiliar voice of a man was detected in a nearby alleyway.

"It's Solain", the old man's voice trembled with fear. I quietly approached the alleyway.

"THEN TELL ME WHERE IS HE?!", I first voice shook him.

"I'm sure you're mistaken 'Solain' for a she", I tsk-ed maintaining eye contact with a masked man.

He was not Damon

"Tsk, tsk, tsk...", I didn't use my powers, just yet, "You're threatening an old man? How weak of you", I shook my head with disbelief.

"Ha! You're the hero?", he shamelessly checked me out, "Screw away", he pushed the old man towards me.

Low gangsters usually keep their victims with them so they won't sell their place to the police. However, the man in front of me let the old man go as if he's not scared of the police themselves.

Heck, even Damon himself hide.

Wait! WHY AM I THINKING OF HIM!? ANNIE, FOCUS!

"Are you ok?", I checked for any injuries on the old man. He had shaken his head with wide eyes before he ran away.