{ Chapter 54 }

"𝓣𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓪 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷, 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓪 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰. 𝓣𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓪 𝓰𝓪𝓶𝓮, 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓮𝓭. 𝓐𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓼𝓪𝔂, 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂 𝓰𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓲𝓻𝓵 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓾𝓵𝓮𝓼" - 𝓐𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓮 𝓚𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓷 𝓢𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓯𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴 '𝓓𝓪𝓶𝓸𝓷'

Chapter 55:

It's 1:31 AM, and I'm EXHAUSTED!

It's been less than half an hour since Ryder and I entered the ballroom, and now all the guests are here.

If half an hour means standing up in heels being introduced to guests by Amelia and Bill, then yes. I have been here for about half an hour, now.

I gave a slightly forced smile to the Chinese couple as they nodded before heading off to the dance floor.

It's not that I'm annoyed. I'm just tired and I don't want to seem disrespectful and frown straight to their face.

"I really wish I was Daniel", I groaned almost not feeling my feet, "He barely study. All he does is play, and even if did something wrong, you're the one to get the blame because you are the oldest"

"Hey...!", he chuckled, "I think, I may have an idea to go away from all of this"

"You do? Please, I'll do anything to get away from-", my eyes glazed with hope.

"Annie?", Amelia turned to me.

"Yes?", I said in a hurry with an innocent smile. I hope she didn't hear me.

"I want to introduce to Robert and Victoria", she said she mentioned to the two couples.

"Hello", I waved shyly. I could have sworn I saw Ryder secretly roll his eyes at Robert and Victoria.

The couple seemed as old as Amelia and Bill, probably a bit older.

Robert maintained a blank expression since the moment I saw him. You could see the bags under his eyes. He probably sleeps late, and he's a workaholic. I noticed the wrinkles on his forehead. Sheesh, this dude frowns a lot. Let's say, he just stood there in his black suit doing nothing but staring at me.

Don't frown, kids. It gives you wrinkles at an early age, and this is a living example of that.

Victoria was as intimidating as, what I assume, her husband. She was wearing a tight maroon dress which has a slit on her right leg. Let me tell you, the slit was dangerously high. I would bury myself alive if Amelia bought me a dress close to this one. That didn't change the fact that she had an hour-glass figuring, but girl she is wearing tons of makeup. Like doesn't she worry that her heavy face might fall off and make her trip on her giraffe high heels. Not to sound rude, but I bet she's beautiful without the extra height and makeup.