Chapter 2: First Date

5 years ago - the first date.

Black heels. Black dress. No underwear. 

Okay, just kidding. I wore underwear, but I almost forgot with how nervous I was.

My parents weren't home; thank God. I just have to make sure that I'm back home before they get back. 

My blue eyes danced to the clock above my bed - 9:59 pm. 

I need to take some Xanax to calm down. Or at least I would, but I'm too scared to even hit a joint. 

A knock came from my front door, and electricity exploded in my body. I bit my bottom lip while I smiled, but then quickly stopped since I didn't want to mess up my lipgloss.

I walked carefully down the stairs, not wanting to trip and paralyze myself before my first date. 

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I stopped for a moment. I took a deep breath, fixed my dress, and made sure my hair was okay. I straightened it - something I rarely do.

I opened the door, and my stomach instantly warmed.

Ezra. Deep blue suit. Flowers.

"Fuck, Lilac," his deep voice spoke. "You look so goddamn beautiful."

He held the bouquet out for me to take. Roses.

"I didn't want to get you lilacs again. Every single date we go on, I will give you a different kind of flower," he spoke as I admired the petals. "Until I've given you every single flower that exists on this earth."

I held the bouquet to my chest, wondering how anybody could speak such a sweet sentence to me. 

I finally spoke, "Thank you, Ezra."

My eyes looked him up and down. All that was lighting him up was my shitty porch light, but he still looked nothing less than perfect. A single strand of his black jelled hair fell onto his forehead, and his mahogany cologne reached my nose from here.

He held his hand out for me to take, "I hope you're hungry."

Starving. My parents left nothing on their plates today - for any of their meals. 

"Only a little," I replied, setting my hand in his.

Large. Strong. His hand held onto mine as we walked toward his car, and I could feel the veins on the front of his hand. 

He opened the car door for me, and I gave him a smile before getting in. He rounded the car and got into the driver's seat.

He pulled away, driving off into the night. 

I was the first to speak up, "We're not going to be running from the cops again, right?"

He smirked, "No. Tonight, I want to get to know you."

I watched his side profile as he drove. I wanted to know more about Ezra Atlas, too.

The car drove until we came to a stop in a gravel parking lot. It was empty besides one car, and the headlights lit up green trees in front of us until he turned the car off.

I started to give him quiet glances. A forest?

I didn't even drink my favorite coffee on the day I'm going to get murdered.

He reached into the backseat, and I turned to quickly open the door. Maybe I'd be able to outrun him and not get murdered in his expensive car. My blood would definitely stain his seats - so maybe I should stay in here. Maybe-