Chapter 11: Nightclub

God, I hate the sun.

I wish it would explode.

After a long mental debate, I decided to finally open my eyes. The sun fell onto my bed, making my already light hair look even lighter. 

I tried to roll out of bed, when the weight of something stopped me. 

"Good morning," Ezra's voice whispered in my ear.

"Jesus Christ!" I gasped, jumping out of bed, making his arm release me. 

His mouth formed a smirk as he sat up, his dark hair messy. His head tilted slightly and his tone was teasing, "Morning prayer? Since when are you religious?"

My eyebrows lowered at him. I crossed my arms and watched him as he stood up, grabbing his shirt that he had taken off.

My brain slowly remembered last night.

Him sleeping in my room.

Not being able to use the tranquilizer. 

Him telling me that he loves me. 

"Lilac?" his voice made my head snap up.

I spoke quickly, "Hm? What? Oh. No, I'm not religious - well, I don't think so, maybe-"

He pulled his shirt over his head as he cut me off, "Are you nervous?"

The smirk on his face already told me that he thought I was. 

"No," I said in a 'duh' tone. 

He did a small nod, and made a slight 'hm' sound. 

"Were you just, like, watching me sleep?" I asked.

His eyebrows lowered, "Why would I not want to watch the most beautiful thing on earth? Even though your big head made my arm fall asleep."

"My head is not big!" my hands immediately went to my head to feel it. "It's normal. If anything, I need a bigger head."

The asshole smiled. 

I pointed my finger at him, "I don't mean it how you're thinking it."

"I didn't even say anything," he shrugged while smiling. 

Why couldn't I use the fucking tranquilizer? 

"Ezra?" Martíns voice could be heard echoing in the hallway, as well as quick footsteps. 

Ezra turned his head toward the door as he called back, "In here."

Footsteps echoed in the hallway until the door swung open, revealing a confused Martín. His eyebrows lowered and he pointed between us, "You...slept together?"

"No-"

"Yes-"

I shot Ezra a death glare as he smirked. 

"He slept in here, but only slept," I enunciated the word 'only.'

Ezra rolled his eyes, "What do you need, Martín?"

Martín cleared his throat and looked away from me, trying to move on, "The guys you killed last night - their bodies have been taken care of. But the cars haven't, so you need to deal with that since I have to go help Eliza."

My eyes widened at how quickly Martín just glossed over some people's murders.

"No problem," Ezra shrugged.

Martín nodded his head at him once before leaving the room. 

Ezra tried to act like nothing happened, "So, what do you want for break-"