Chapter 28: Time And Space

ϟ Ezra POV ϟ

The tarmac looks damp and the air feels humid as I step out of my car.

I park right on the road, not giving a shit that it'll block people from driving. I can't even be bothered to close my car door, since I'm not planning on getting back in. 

The lights from my tall building shine down on me as I walk to the entrance. They're the only source of light around. 

The glass doors shut behind me, and once they're fully closed, I turn the lock. My brain right now is blank and my eyes are dry. Because I'm putting all of my focus on one thing.

Kill them all. 

My allies were supposed to protect her. They were supposed to keep her safe. But they didn't, and now she's dead. They need to pay. They need to die. 

They deserve to die for not protecting her. 

The elevator dings in front of me before the doors slide open. One man stands in there, in a suit and tie just like everybody else on the floors above. He smiles at me as I step into the elevator, "Hello, Mr. Atlas."

I stand beside him and push the button to one of the floors above. 

"What is the reason for this sudden meeting, if I may ask?" he questions. 

I take a second to reply. 

"Accountability. Revenge."

I see his eyebrows lower out of the corner of my eye while the elevator continues to move up.

We reach the floor, and the elevator stops moving. The doors slide open, and the second they do, I pull my gun out of my waistline and shoot the guy beside me in the head. He falls forward, stumbling out of the elevator until his lifeless body meets the floor and he creates a pool of blood.

The three people that were standing on that floor all turned wide-eyed and stood up out of their seats. They started to reach for their guns, so I shot them one after the other in a line. Dead, dead, dead. They groan in pain as they fall to the floor, getting a taste of what they deserve.

They were supposed to protect her.

I step back into the elevator casually, pressing the button to the next floor. The splattered blood on the wall doesn't even make me blink. 

The elevator opens at the next floor. Two men stand there, looking worried. One of them speaks up, "Is everything okay, Mr. Atlas? We heard shooting downstairs."

I just stare at them for a moment, not an ounce of any emotion on my face. I take a few steps toward them, my black boots echoing off the ground.

"You guys were supposed to protect her," I laughed to hide the fact that I was moments away from crying. "And now, she's fucking dead!"

"Who-" I shoot them both in the heart before he can even finish his sentence.

Blood splatters on my face, and my breathing becomes heavy as I stare down at them. 

Distant police sirens reach my ears. All the walls in this building are glass, so I walk over to them and look outside. The sky is pitch black, and there are no colors. Until a few police cars come speeding down the road, coming to a screeching stop in front of the building. They begin blocking off the road with yellow tape. 

I don't care. I just turn my back, and walk back into the elevator. 

Without Lilac, I have nothing. I've lost her; my entire heart. There's no pain greater than this, as my emotions start to crash onto me. My bottom lip starts to tremble. My heart aches in pain.