Chapter 7: Party

Present time.

Staying up all night thinking led to drinking coffee in the living room at 2pm.

I couldn't stop thinking about my parents. My dad, and how Ezra killed him. My mom, and wondering what she's doing now.

"Could've at least showered before coming down looking like that," Asher said as he walked through the living room.

"And you could've done the world a favor by crashing on the way here!" I yelled out to him as he exited the living room without turning around.

I sunk back deeper into the couch, taking another sip of my coffee.

Ezra's voice called out, "Lilac, some here please sweet girl."

"Oh shut up," I muttered to myself.

I set my coffee cup down, walking toward the room where I heard Ezra's voice.

He was sitting at a desk. Curtains drawn, paper in front of him.

"Sit please," he gestured toward the chair across from him.

I kept standing exactly where I was, "Only way I'm sitting is if you break my kneecaps."

"Well, you know I'd never hurt you," he stood up to his full height.

He came toward me, since I wouldn't go toward him.

"The party is at 6 tonight. I have a dress in your closet for you, even if you don't wear it," he told me. "But I hope that you do."

"And what's this party for? Celebrate your 50th - no, 60th kill?" I crossed my arms.

He smirked, "It's definitely in the hundreds but I'll give you an A for effort."

"Asshole."

"Mhm. Now, what would you like for lunch?"

I turned around and said while walking away, "Nothing from you."

"This act of hating me is getting old, Lilac," he called out to me.

I yelled back without turning around, "Not an act!"

I went upstairs and entered my room. I walked over to my secret hiding spot near my window, relieved that the money I stole was still there.

I took a shower, dried my hair, then straightened it.

And then I couldn't ignore my hunger anymore.

I walked downstairs and entered the kitchen, seeing pasta ready in a bowl.

I couldn't stop myself from eating it.

"You like Ezra's pasta?" Martín said from behind me as he entered the kitchen.

I shook my head, "No, it tastes like shit."

Martín laughed, "Mhm. Ezra left for the party already because he had some stuff to do first, so Asher and I will take you."

"Yay," I said sarcastically. "I'll bring the champagne."

"You have 2 hours. Make sure you're ready," he smiled at what I said before exiting.

I finished eating, not because it was good, but because....I don't know. Maybe it was good.

I went back upstairs and brushed my teeth, did my make-up, and put perfume on.

I walked over to my closet to see the dress that Ezra bought. I slowly slid it open, and gasped when I saw it.

White. Silk. Open back.