Chapter 3: Portland

I had tired myself out with all of my crying, apparently.

Because when I opened my eyes, the sky was dark now. The car bumped softly from the cracks and holes in the road.

My eyes widened once I realized what position I was in.

Ezra was holding me in his arms. My head was pressed against his chest, the soft drumming of his heart filling my ears. He looked straight at the road in front of us, his hand running through my hair repeatedly.

"Get the fuck away from me," I spat as I shot up. I moved as far as I could, my body pressing against the opposite car door.

Ezra sighed like I was annoying him.

"Fine. Once you're done having your tantrum, I'll make sure you get some food in you," he replied.

I tried opening the door. Locked.

I threw my elbow into the window. Nothing.

Ezra spoke up with a softer tone this time, "Stop it, sweetheart. You're going to hurt yourself."

"Then let me go," I turned around. I had no more tears to cry, but I still had the same amount of anger.

"And where would you go, exactly?" he tilted his head. "Going to find a large tree to live in?"

"I'll find a fucking car and hotwire it you asshole," I shot back. He smirked. My fire always amused him.

He shook his head, "You don't know shit about cars, Lilac. Remember our second date?"

Our second date. Something was wrong with my car, I couldn't get it to start. I had to walk to his house and ask him to help me, causing our date to start early.

"You're oblivious, sometimes. That's why I need to protect you. You didn't even realize that I had fucked with your car to make it not start," he revealed, and I felt my stomach drop.

"Y...you did that to my car?" I spoke in disbelief.

"I missed you so fucking much, Lilac. I wanted to see you then, not later that night," he replied, and the brakes of the car squeaked as it came to a stop.

I moved my eyes to look in front of me. A private jet.

"I'm not getting in that jet," I told him.

He ignored me, shutting his car door behind him as he got out.

I watched him as he walked around the car to my side. He opened the door and picked me up with ease, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Ezra!" I punched his back. "Put me down! I'll walk willingly."

I could feel him roll his eyes, "Liar."

I began shouting curse words. Every single one I could think of.

"You killed Franco you sick fuck!" I shouted. My face was red with both anger, and from my blood rushing to it.

"Mhm," was all he said.

This only made me hit him harder as he started walking up the steps to the jet.

Franco wasn't the kindest man. He has his outbursts, sometimes getting violent. But he provided for me. He worked, and he let me live with him. I needed to fulfill some of his..needs, but he let me live under his roof for five years.

The smell of the jet was clean, like fresh fruit. I heard footsteps behind us, and I knew exactly who those two fucks were.

Ezras' little bitches. He calls them his 'right-hand men,' but at the end of the day, they're his bitches. Asher and Martín.