Chapter 5: Murderous

The doctor finally let me leave the living room.

I didn't even listen to what they were saying to me, all I was thinking about was how I needed to start coming up with a plan.

A few ideas have came into my mind. But after careful thought, I've decided on this.

Step 1: Get Ezra to let me leave the house, so that I can buy a certain thing.

Step 2: Make him think I won't try and escape again.

Step 3: Have him drink this day, and wait until it's night.

I also need to start making money, so that when I leave, I have enough to buy myself food until I begin working.

"Lilac," Ezra suddenly rushed in front of me. "Are you okay? What'd he say?"

"He said for you to try jumping out the window," I spoke in an overly sweet tone, forcing a smile.

I took a slightly painful step passed him, but he grabbed onto my wrist and turned me around.

"I'm not in the mood for your jokes, Lilac. I need to know you're okay."

"I'm fine. He said to rest for a day or two," I told him the part I had heard the doctor say.

Ezra nodded, "Okay. Lay down for the rest of the night."

I gave him a slight nod, before turning and walking up to my room.

I shut the door behind me, and slowly sat on my bed, putting my legs out in front of me.

For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about something Ezra said.

"One time, when I thought you were gone....Dozens of people died."

What the fuck did he mean by that?

There was a small knock at the door, before it swung open. I jumped a little, lowering my eyebrows at Ezra.

"I don't want a lecture right now," I told him.

"Good. Because I'm not gonna give you one," he started walking toward my bed. "I'm just glad you're okay."

He set two things down on the bed. Anti-inflammatory cream, and an ice pack.

He sat down, before picking up the cream.

"I know you don't wanna hear it, Lilac, but I really missed you," he said while gently starting to rub it into my knee.

I remained quiet for a moment as he continued rubbing it into my skin.

"Why'd you think I was gone?" I managed to ask. "And who did you kill?"

His hands paused for a second. But then they continued.

"I had people all over the world looking for you, Lilac," he almost whispered as he gently put the ice on my knee.

"Are you sure you want to know?" he asked me.

I nodded.

"Okay."

Three years ago.

The sun crept through the window, lighting up Ezra's dark room. All the furniture was black, even the thin curtains.

Although it was sunrise, Ezra hadn't slept. Not even for a minute.

Like every night for the past 2 years, he never sleeps unless his body psychically can't stay awake any longer.

He can't bring himself to sleep, knowing that Lilac is out there. It eats him alive everyday, worrying that she may be hurt.

He grabbed his shirt, balling his fist at the thought. It made him murderous.