Chapter 12: Young G

The past week has been extremely boring. 

Monday. Study Bulgarian. 

Tuesday. Study Bulgarian. 

Wednesday. Study Bulgarian. 

Thursday. Study Bulgarian. 

And now, Friday. I haven't studied at all today. My brain needs a break.

Here, I lay on the couch, throwing a pillow up in the air over and over again. One leg on the couch, the other draping off of the cushion. 

"Lilac," Ezra suddenly spoke from across the living room.

I caught the pillow once it came back down, and pushed myself to be sitting upright. I was surprised to see him standing there since he has been exceptionally busy this week. He's been trying to figure out who put the bounty on me, chasing multiple dead ends, and even drove to multiple different states. 

He took a few steps toward me, "Nothing I've been looking at has led to anything. A few of my men are looking into a new lead right now, but I wanted to come home and see you."

He walked until he reached the couch, crouching down beside me. His voice and eyes were soft as he whispered, "I missed you."

Fuck, Lilac. 

My heart jumped a little at his words.

For the past week, sometimes I found myself missing him. 

And then I used my one brain cell and told myself that I didn't. 

"Well, the past week was boring as fuck," I spoke casually, trying to hide my emotions. "Not a single thing happened-"

"Ezra!" Eliza's voice yelling cut me off, followed by the sound of the front door slamming shut. The echoing of her heels could be heard until her figure emerged into the living room. "Somebody just blew up the building you sent 5 men to."

Okay, well, I take what I just said back. 

Ezra's jaw tightened and he looked at the floor in anger for a moment before standing up. I stood up too, as he turned to face Eliza. 

"Investigate it," Eliza spoke seriously to him. 

Ezra scoffed, "And leave Lilac alone?"

"She won't be alone," Eliza gave him a look like he was stupid before smiling. "She'll be with me."

"She will?" "I will?" Ezra and I spoke at the same time. 

Eliza nodded and smiled at me, "Yes. Lilac and I are going to go get manicures - and I don't really think that's your thing, brother."

Eliza smiled at the annoyed look on Ezra's face. She liked bothering him. 

After a few moments, Ezra began shaking his head and rubbing his jawline. 

"No, I'm not leaving Lilac," Ezra decided.

Eliza rolled her eyes, "So, what the hell are you going to do?"

"Get a manicure," Ezra smirked, looking down at his nails. 

Eliza looked annoyed at Ezra's words, her lips forming a thin line. This only seemed to make Ezra smirk more. I guess he likes bothering her, too. 

He smiled at her, "I hope they have pink."

------

Ezra called Martín and Asher and had them investigate while we went. 

Now, I sit in between Ezra and Eliza, while all three of us are getting our nails done. Eliza is getting red acrylics, I'm getting white ones, and Ezra is just getting a clear coat on his natural nails.