Chapter 15: Save The Planet

ϟ Ezra POV ϟ

Humming. 

Bright lights.

A headache that made me want to throw myself into a fucking wall.

My eyes opened, but not without wincing from the light. Birds chirped outside as if this were a normal day - but I knew something was wrong. I could feel it. 

Looking around the room, I see I'm in Lilac's room. That sends a comfort to my heart unlike any other.

Her coconut scent lingers in the air, and I push myself off of the bed. The first thing I want to do is find her - touch her soft skin, see her beautiful smile.

But as I look at the bed, and see it still made, my eyebrows lower in confusion.

I stand there like a fucking idiot while the memories from last night come into my brain. And once I remember what happened, I suddenly didn't give a fuck about my pulsing headache.

I prayed to every single God in the world despite not being religious at all that somebody had caught her, and she was somewhere in the house. 

"Where is she!" my voice was so loud you could hear me from anywhere in the world.

I raced down the stairs, Eliza, Asher, and Martín already standing there from my yell. I stormed toward them and demanded to know, "Where is she."

"Who?" Eliza's eyebrows lowered.

"If Lilac isn't in my fucking arms in 5 seconds multiple people will fucking die," I used anger to mask my fear. Fear of something happening to her; it made me sick to my stomach. 

Eliza took a step forward, "You don't know where she is?"

"She injected me with something last night, and now I don't know where the fuck she is," I ran a hand through my hair anxiously. 

"We thought she was upstairs," Martín said genuinely, and Eliza's face shifted in concern.

That look told me she wasn't here.

Lilac's a smart girl. She hid from me for 5 years, and I didn't doubt that she could do it again. My heart ripped in my chest just at the thought of it.

Then my eyes moved to Ashers.

He stood there. Hands in his pockets, no emotion on his face.

My head ticked to the side.

"She didn't exactly make it a secret that she wanted to leave," he spoke seeing the look I was giving him. "Are you really surprised?"

I grabbed the collar of his shirt and jerked him toward me. Eliza said my name in a disapproving tone, but I didn't give a fuck. 

"You know something, Asher?" I asked simply. No emotion in my voice. 

He shook his head, "No, I don't."

I continued to stare into his eyes. Searching for signs of deceit. 

"If I find out you had anything to do with this, you're dead," I told him with certainty before releasing his collar.

I took a step back and yelled to them, "Now get every man I have fucking looking for her!"

I stormed up the stairs to my room, needing to grab my gun before leaving. With long steps I approached my drawer, grabbing it from the right-hand side.

And that's when I noticed, the other drawer wasn't fully closed. 

It felt like my balls went to my goddamn throat knowing what was in it. In the blink of an eye, I was in front of the drawer, pulling it out with more force than I meant. And as my eyes saw the opened letter on top, anger pulsed through my fucking veins.