Chapter 19: I Do

Having feelings for Ezra doesn't mean that I want to marry him.

But, here we are.

With a face full of make-up and my hair curled, I hardly recognized myself. But when I raised my hand in the mirror, and my reflection does too, I know it's me. And I know this is real. 

"You look beautiful! Stop stressing," Eliza said from behind me, dressed in her beautiful maid of honor dress. 

I let out a sigh, staring at my reflection for a few seconds longer before turning around. She walked over to me, crossed her arms, and stood in front of me. 

"Remember, all you have to do is convince the crowd. You don't have to mean what you say," she spoke gently to me in an attempt to make me relax, running her fingertips through one of my loose curls. 

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"I'm going to go make sure everything is in order. Put your dress on," she smiled.

I watched her as she left the room I was standing in. My dress hung in the closet, and I stood in my bra and underwear.

A fake marriage to Ezra Atlas. If only my 18-year-old self knew, she'd probably have a heart attack.

"Lilac?" Ezra's voice called from the other side of the door.

Before I could even reply, the doorknob began turning. He entered, and I gave him a death glare.

"Get out. You're not supposed to see my dress."

He smirked, "So don't put it on then."

I rolled my eyes, "Yea, okay. You're disgusting. I'm gonna vomit all over your suit."

"Not my Armani suit," he fake gasped and pretended to care, making me sigh and my lips form a line. 

I stood in place as he took slow steps over to me. With every step he took, it felt like my heart started to pound harder and harder.

"You look beautiful," he complimented, standing just one inch away from me. 

"Thank you," my voice was soft. I couldn't bring myself to say something sarcastic. 

He leaned closer to my face, making my head tick up. It was like it was subconscious, I didn't even think about what I was doing. 

I thought his lips were going to connect with mine. But at the last moment, he turned my neck and started to press his lips against it. 

My eyes shut as his lips softly kissed me. His arms wrap around my waist as my skin warms from his touch. When he kisses me, it feels like I'm melting into him, as cliché as it sounds.

"Remember, this isn't real," my words were weak as he continued delivering kisses to my neck.

I felt his hot breath against my skin, "I know."

Something cold snaked itself around my neck. I put my hand to it and looked down when I noticed a gold necklace now around me. 

"Since I know you'll take the ring off as soon as everybody leaves, here's something you can keep on," he spoke to me as I turned to look in the mirror at it.

It was a lilac - but with many different tiny pieces of flower petals in it. 

"I used the petals from the picture frame in my room," he referenced what I had seen the day I ran away. 

My hands raised to it, feeling it gently with my fingertips. 

"I'll see you soon, wife," he stared at me through the mirror.