Chapter 21: MDMA

Returning from Bulgaria has taught me two things.

One: I hate flying.

Two: I really hate flying. 

Bored of the white polish on my nails, I sat in the living room painting them light blue. The TV played a rerun of some random TV show while I painted since Ezra was in the shower.

"Lilac," Ezra's voice called my name.

I look up from my nails, seeing him leaning against the wall. His black hair was still wet, but now he was changed into black jeans, a tight black t-shirt, and black boots. 

"I'm going to meet with this girl, would you like me to make you anything before I go?"

Meet with this girl? Oh.

"And why don't I come with you?" I inquired.

"It's about business, I have to go alone."

Alone.

I close the bottle of nail polish. If I said this sentence to Ezra, he would follow me and blow the guys brains out.

"What girl?" my head tilted slightly, but I remained sitting on the couch.

He shrugged, "Not an important one."

"Who gave you permission to go with this unimportant girl alone?" I rose from the couch, and he pushed himself off of the wall. 

The corner of his mouth tugged up into a smirk, "I need your permission?"

I ran my tongue along my top teeth.

"No," I turned around and looked at him over my shoulder. "Have fun."

I felt his eyes on me as I walked out of the living room. 

Not even a second later, I heard his footsteps behind me, "Okay, so you're mad at me if I go? Or you're not mad at me."

I smiled to myself as I opened the fridge. Getting inside of his head.

"Oh, please go, Ezra. I have plans, anyway," I spoke innocently while grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge.

His eyes watched me as I crossed the kitchen to grab an apple.

"The fuck does that mean? What plans?" he questioned.

The apple crunched between my teeth as I bit into it. I swallowed, "Nothing important. You can go now, don't wanna keep her waiting."

His jaw went tight as he stared at me. I continued eating the apple, while he stared at me as if he was trying to dissect my feelings, and see if I was truly mad or not.

Mad? No. Jealous on the other hand... 

"What plans, Lilac," he demanded to know.

I used my apple to cover my smile. I love getting reactions from him.

I set my apple down, "I'll tell you once you're back."

Give him something to think about while he's gone.

He let out a slightly irritated sigh before rubbing his jawline. He glanced up at the clock, "She-"

"If you're thinking about her so much, go be with her," I picked my apple back up and turned around.

I began walking down the hallway toward the stairs and thought that was going to be the end of it when he quickly stepped in front of me. I rolled my eyes, "Get out of my way, Ezra."

"No. You're messing with my goddamn brain - are you mad with me or not?" he stared down at me intensely. 

I had trust in Ezra. I didn't think he was going to do anything with this girl, but I couldn't help a pit of jealousy forming. I answered him, "No, I'm not mad."