Checkers or Chess?

.

(Susie's POV)

The following path was split into two. One went off to the right and the other went up. "Two paths.. what if one's a dead end and the other's the right way?" Kris asked. "Oh, I know! What if I go up and check if anything important is up there, while you guys wait here until I come back?" Y/n suggested. "Alright. Susie, you can go with Y/n. If you want." they smirked. "U-uh um-" I stuttered. I do wanna go with Y/n, but if I go with them, it might raise suspicions of me liking them and then I'LL GET REJECTED AND EVERYTHING GOES TO SHIT! "Susie you don't have to do with me if you don't want to." Y/n said. "Ralsei, you can come with me if you want!" Y/n said. "Oh, sure!" he replied. Then they both left. Me and Kris stood there in silence. UGHHH!! STUPID STUPID STUPID!!" I screamed at myself. "WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU DID!?" Kris screamed at me. "BECAUSE I DON'T NEED REJECTION FROM SOMEONE LIKE THEM!" I facepalmed. "WELL, NOW YOU BLEW IT! YOU COULD'VE HAD A MOMENT WITH THEM." "YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT WHAT WOULD'VE HAPPENED. I'D PROBABLY DO OR SAY SOMETHING AWKWARD AND RUIN THE ENTIRE MOOD. I'M NOT AS SMOOTH AS YOU. WITH YOUR AMAZING FLIRTING ABILITIES." I exclaimed. "Of course you aren't. That's since you think everyone views you as a horrible person, which isn't true, because you really aren't that bad, that you don't have any confidence to make moves towards people who DON'T view you as a bad person, making you socially awkward. Okay maybe not awkward but socially incapable." they explained. "So what do you want me to do? Point and hearts come out of my finger??" I said sarcastically. "No, I want you to be yourself with them. If they like you for who you are, you don't need to change anything to be with them." Kris assured me. "Fine. I guess you have a point." I crossed my arms. Wonder what they're even doing right now...

.

(Y/n's POV)

I walked away from the group with Ralsei, going to check out what was on the other path. I was walking quite heavy since I was pretty upset that Susie looked so-- I don't know, grossed out?? Okay maybe I was literally stomping but she just looked embarrassed to go with me when Kris suggested it. I really did wanna go with her, but I wasn't just gonna force her. Plus, she's so strong and ignorant and gorgeous I don't think she'd ever like me like that. "Y-Y/n are you okay?" Ralsei asked. "Yeah I'm fine." I said still walking. "You're stomping..." he pointed out. I stopped and turned around, to see Ralsei catching up to me with a worried expression on his face. I guess I literally left him in the dust in all my upsetness. "Sorry Rals, it's just- UGH. I like Susie. And when she didn't respond when Kris asked her if she wanted to go with me, it made me feel like- like-" "Like she thought you were weird and didn't want to?" Ralsei finished my sentence. "Yeah..." I confirmed. "Y/n, if anything, Susie probably likes you back! Maybe she was too nervous to speak because she didn't wanna look foolish in front of you!" he said. "Ralsei she NEVER looks foolish. Goofy, maybe yes, but she really makes me laugh when she does." I smiled faintly. "Just think about it Y/n, after you persuaded her to stay and learn how to fight properly, and her being all soft when it comes to talking to you, her making sure you were okay when you tripped on the sign, the entire cake situation-" "OKAY OKAY I GET IT. Maybe she doesn't hate me as much as she made it seem in the Light World." I said. We finally reached the end of the path. It was some card symbol puzzle. Apparently we'd have to go through Card Castle to find out the answer and since we haven't been there yet, we couldn't do it. We walked back to the group to break the news.

.

(Susie's POV [again] )

After Kris actually did something useful and gave me some advice towards Y/n, Y/n and Ralsei came back from the top path. "Sooo what is it?" Kris asked. "There was a puzzle up there, with a chest on the other side of it, but we'd have to go to Card Castle to know the combination." Y/n explained. "Welp, I guess this path it is." Kris pointed towards what looked like a checkerboard guarded by a Rudinn. We ran towards it and went straight into battle.

*BATTLE START*

* Various guys appeared!

I looked towards Kris for their command. "Y/n, you and I will convince the Rudinns to stop fighting. Ralsei, you flatter the Hathy. And Susie, you spare one of them this turn." they said. We nodded our heads in agreement.

* Kris told Rudinn to quit fighting. It was utterly swayed.

"Do you really enjoy fighting or is it just because you're forced to. Try being kind for once!" they said. "I guess that makes sense..." it agreed.

* Y/n told Rudinn to quit fighting. It was utterly swayed.

"We don't have to fight! We could just relax on the really, really comfy grass and eat snacks!" Y/n said. "I guess that makes sense..." it agreed.

* Ralsei flattered Hathy!

"What um- nice tentacles you have!" he said awkwardly. It started to blush. 

* You spared Rudinn!

The Hathy and the Rudinn did a combo attack, where the Hathy would summon a circle of hearts surrounding us so we wouldn't have a lot of space, while the Rudinn shot diamonds at us. We easily dodged it until it was our turn again.

* Hathy is skipping beats.

* Kris spared Hathy!

* Y/n spared Rudinn!

* You WON! Got 0 EXP and 105 D$.

.

We went toward the checkered area. We came across an area where if you stepped on the lit-up path, we'd go straight to the beginning. We easily got through it and went through this pathway with creepy pawn things watching us. A few came up to us but we managed to outrun em and found Lancer again.

"Ha ha ha... So you've begun to cross the Great Board... the halfway point to our castle.. impressive.. so it's a shame, you won't make it a step further!" Lancer threatened. "Oh yeah? And why is that?" Y/n said. "'Cause, my guys are about to smash you into blood! Lots of blood, splooshing blood! Very gross and bad!" he said before revealing a bucket. "Hey, purple girl, was that scarier?" he asked eagerly. "Why are you asking ME?!" I asked. "Because you're really cool at being terrifying! I wanna be as scary as you!" he responded. "Okay but like- Lancer what's the bucket for?" Y/n asked. It's to put the blood in." he responded. "Oh." I said disappointed. "Yeah- uh- I'm not supposed to make a mess." he said. "So uh- are your guys gonna attack us or?" I asked. "Oh yeah! I was so excited I forgot to bring any guys. But next time-- it'll be the end for!-" Lancer said before stopping. "What? What happened?" Kris asked. "Well, I've just been calling you guys clowns, does your team have an official name or something?" he asked. "Oh! We should come up with a name then!" Ralsei suggested. "YEAH YEAH YEAH!" Y/n chanted. "No, we shouldn't." I said irritated. "Then it's decided! Everyone puts a name in the bucket!" We all wrote a name and Y/n and Kris came up with one together. Kinda wish we did tho. "Alright! Everyone has put in their entries! Blue person, you can choose, since you seem like you don't care." he said. There were four different pieces of paper. Kris closed their eyes and picked one out. They opened the paper and read the name out loud. "(team name of your choice)." Kris read. "OHH! THAT'S OURS!!" Y/n said. "Hm. Not bad." I smirked. "Buttt what if we shorten it a bit." I said. "Continue, I'm intrigued on where this is going." Y/n said. " Make it something cool! Intimidating! Something punchy! Something badass!" I continued. "YEAH! Uh- like what?" Y/n replied. "Well, uh... y'know, for starters... how about uh, just- "(team name but badass)?" she suggested. "Huh, you know not only are you really amazing but you have goo naming skills as well." Y/n said. "I know right! Wait 'till you hear what I had in mind originally!" I said before both me and Y/n started walking off with Lancer. Something tells me we might get close after all.

((A/N: FINALLY UPDATED BOOK TY LORD- ALSO I MIGHT START WRITING MY NINJAGO OC INSERT BOOK SOON SO LMK IF YOU GUYS WANNA SEE THAT.))