Chapter 3: am I being kidnapped?

Morgan Sinclair

Half muffled voices yelling over each other pull me from unconsciousness. I open my eyes to the ceiling of what I believe was a truck. I wearily glance around me; Kellan, Chloe, Victoria, Dane, and even Grayson all arguing with each other not aware that I'm awake. Victoria sat near my feet, her hands pinched the bridge of her nose as she took a deep breath to begin arguing again. Chloe holds my hand but she's turned to face everyone. Dane has one hand on my shoulder wound pressing down with a piece of clothing. I notice his free hand is- what the fuck?

"Ahh!"

"Dane will you stop screaming?" Grayson complains.

"I'm sorry is the sage laced bullet stuck in my ribs inconvenient for you?"Oh he's digging around in his body.

"Look we were dealing with the hunters in the lounge!" Kellan continuing the previous conversation from the drivers seat. "We had no clue where she was."

I hear some concerning noises, "Ah! Got it." Dane says then the metal clatter's across the floor of the truck. "Only the people in this truck and Aurelia know, so what the fuck?" He pants.

"No one had eyes on her?" Victoria questions.

"You knew where she was." Dane says at Grayson, gritting through his pain.

Victoria shoots Grayson a quick glare who sat in the passenger seat. "What do you mean?" She turns back to Dane.

"Chlo said she was on the top floor outside the bathroom. She was probably the one he was fucking in the bathroom stall." Dane replies leaving silence in the wake of his statement.

"I didn't know it was her." Grayson admits from the passenger seat.

"You were having sex with her?!" Chloe exclaims.

"I. Did. Not. Know. It. Was. Her. She said her name was Avery and the gunshots went off before we could do anything." He explains.

"Oh that helps." Chloe says.

"Maybe if you answered texts or paid even the slightest bit of attention, you would've known and this whole thing wouldn't be fucked!" Dane screams at Grayson.

"This is fucked because somehow hunters found out about her!" Grayson shouts back.

"Right, and it's even more fucked because you can't keep it in your pants." Victoria says.

We stop at a light, with the street lights shedding some light in the truck I could get a look at everyone. Every last one of them, splattered with blood and wounds all over and yet they were more concerned with everything but. They resume yelling, all their voices muffling together.

"What is happening? Who were they?" Is what I wanted to say but what actually came out was a string of unintelligible mumbles.

"She's awake!" Chloe announces to the group, "You're going to be alright Morgan." She says with a soft smile on her face.

I wasn't too sure about that, memories of what had just transpired flooded back. I remember the guy I was getting with, Spencer, no- Grayson. I remember the gun shots- I was shot. I was thrown off a balcony. Holy shit I was shot and thrown off a balcony.

I can't feel anything. I don't feel any pain. I most definitely should. Why don't I feel any pain? Why can't I feel anything?

Panic floods my veins. The way everyone around me is looking at me, I could imagine that my panic is very visible. I attempt to move- sit up, run, fight, literally do anything, but I got nothing. I was screaming at myself to move but my body wasn't listening to me. I could only manage to lift my head.