Chapter 19: don't piss Grayson off

Chloe Whitlock

Morgans been in her room the last three days. Kellan had told all of us about what went down with Morgan and Mercer along with how annoyed he is that he had to leave his new motorcycle in Tennessee. He went over a few of the disgusting things Mercer said to her. I don't blame her for being in a mood, she's been dealing with a lot the past several weeks I can only imagine what the last couple of days have been like. Grayson scolded Kellan for stopping her from tearing out his throat. He said it was well deserved and he would've loved to see it happen. They both almost got into a fist fight over it.

I open Morgans door, walking into her room. She sits on the bed with her knees curled up into her chest staring off into nothing.

"Hey." I step closer to her.

"Hey." She says meekly, turning her attention to me.

I sit down on the edge bed posting my hand out behind me. "You've been holed up in this room for three days. Please talk to me."

She's silent for a bit. Her glassy, bloodshot eyes bounce back and forth between my own before admitting. "I feel like I said goodbye to my family. Permanently."

"You'll see them again."

She softly shakes her head. "Will I? This all seems never ending. We have no clue what Aurelia's doing to kill or get rid of Lucien or whatever. When or if that even happens, given all that I've been told about him- it might not even work. Then what? I hide for the rest of my life, which is apparently forever." She pauses for a second. "I... I don't honestly see a version of this where I ever see my family again."

"Once Lucien isn't a problem you'll see them. Aurelia will find a way." I reassure her. Aurelia will. She has to.

"I don't think I really want them to see me." She murmurs.

"Why?"

"I hid what I am from them, fangs- eyes. I didn't want them to see what I am..." She looks down at her hands. "What if they're... repulsed? If they think I'm a monster?"

"They wouldn't. You're not, they'll see that." I assert.

She scoffs. "I don't know."

"You don't know what?"

"I don't know what I am." She looks back down at her fiddling hands.

"Morgan I know I haven't known you all that long but what I do know is that you are absolutely not a monster."

"With all the things Mercer said-."

No.

"Don't listen to a word that comes out of his mouth. His favorite thing to do is provoke people." I say.

"But he was right about some stuff." She finally meets my stare.

"Which stuff?" She's quiet for some time. Like she's having an intense debate in her head. "Which stuff?" I ask again.

She sighs. "That I wanted to hurt my family." She looks at me like a puppy that's just done something wrong- expecting me to reprimand her, yell at her, confirm everything she's believing right now.

"You didn't hurt them."

"I know but it's the fact that I wanted to. I couldn't even hug them without everything in my body screaming at me to feed on them. If I did anything-,"Her voice cuts out before she could finish her sentence.

"First, you're new at this. Second, you didn't hurt them. You fought."

"Fought or not I was- I still am, horrified by my own thoughts." She rapidly blinks trying to force down the tears attempting to form. "I can't imagine what they'd think of me. I just... I don't think I could handle them rejecting me."