Chapter 4: a perfectly reasonable explanation

Morgan Sinclair

Slowly Kellan and I, walked out of the room with him taking all of my body weight since my legs were not in the business of working at the moment. We walk down the hall, where I begin hearing muffled murmurs in the distance. I started preparing myself for a perfectly reasonable explanation to an abnormal situation. Maybe it'll be a little out there but ultimately rational.

Entering the living room of this house I see Chloe and Dane sitting on the couch quietly arguing with each other. Grayson in the kitchen cuts limes for the drink he's making and Victoria's still gone.

I stare at Dane who I know for a fact had been shot. He pulled the bullet out of himself. All of them were injured in some way. No cuts, bullet wounds, bruises, nothing and yet it's only been three days?

"What are you doing?" Chloes eyes fix on Kellan.

"She wants an explanation, so explanation time." Kellan says walking with me around to the couch.

"When she's recovered full-" Dane starts.

"I'm recovered enough." I say cutting Dane off, "what was all that? What is this?" As Kellan lowers me onto the couch I ignore the shooting pain going through my back and shoulder. I keep a stone face, refusing to show any of the discomfort I'm in- I want answers not pitying looks. "Victoria killed someone with her mouth or teeth or whatever." I look to Chloe, "You broke two peoples necks. That man knew me? You all apparently make full recoveries from possibly fatal injuries in three days... What is all of this?" I glance around the room making eye contact with everyone waiting for someone to say something. They all just stare at me with sympathetic eyes. Except Grayson who's focused on his drink like he couldn't care less about what's going on.

"Um... so." Chloe falls into silence, she looks around the room searching for words, "So you... Your parents." She sighs, frustrated at her loss of words.

I understand how frustrating it could be to not know what to say or how to say it but I can't help getting increasingly annoyed, I just want to know.

"Uh-" Chloe starts again.

"Your a full blooded vampire," Graysons voice cuts her off from the kitchen, "born of the King and Queen in the northern territories, you were hidden for the past 20 almost 21 years- spells and curses and whatnot. Those people were hunters, we have no idea how they knew who you were, that was an interesting turn of events and now we're here." Grayson says not even looking at me as he drops a lime slice into his drink and stirred it a little. "Any questions?" He lifts his drink to take a sip with a completely blank facial expression.

"Are you kidding me?" Kellan asks absolutely shocked at what just came out of Graysons mouth. I look at Chloe and Dane who shared the same shocked yet agitated looks.

He motions his hand to Chloe, "This one was taking forever trying to dance around it. Rip the fucking bandaid off." I finally meet Grayson's eyes: dark and sinful. It's like he's looking through me and he smiles as if this is a joke. Which I mean it had to be.

I start giggling.

Chloe, Dane, and Kellan snap their heads to me. I can't hold back my laugh, I'm full on hysterically laughing. I stop for a quick second, looking at Chloe biting the inside of her cheek.

"Are you-" Chloe begins but I immediately cut her off by cackling. Everyone looking around confused is making me laugh even harder, I had tears coming down my face. I didn't even notice when Victoria had walked in and entered the kitchen next to Grayson. I finally look to her and laugh even harder. What the fuck is this?

"What did you all do?" Victoria asks, over my giggling.

"Grayson just stated things with zero explanation." Dane says. "He made it all sound like a joke."