Chapter 27: November 22

Morgan Sinclair

3am

The bedroom door flings open, Grayson with a mischievous smile throws a blood bag at me. I catch it before it could hit me and he laughs at my startled expression. "You're gonna hit me one of these days." I say lowly.

"Gotta keep you on your toes Sinclair." He smirks. "Now hurry I gotta throw it out, Chloe's awake."

I widen my eyes with a smile plastered on my face. "You're killing me." I take off the top of it and down it. I use my enhanced speed, appearing right in front of him. Almost imperceptibly- he jumps. His eyes wander up and down my body. "Gotta keep you on your toes Spencer." I grin, handing him the empty blood bag.

"Goodnight Morgan." He says fighting back a smile exiting my room.

Over the last month and a half Grayson has made it a habit of his to sneak me an extra blood bag at least once a day. He'll find some way to get one to me, it's like a daily drug deal. It's probably the thing I look forward to the most everyday. We'll fight back laugher in our attempts to keep it a secret, handing it off like a football, getting yanked into rooms, or having one tossed into my room in the middle of the night. So far we've made it a month and a half with no one finding out.

Aside from these brief moments, passing glances between each other is the extent of our relationship. I wish it were more. Ever since we both said that kiss was a mistake it's back to business as usual. He'll tease me every now and then and I still roll my eyes but I find myself looking forward to it. I wish I didn't agree with him when he said it was a mistake. But maybe it was the best thing to do, if he thought that and I didn't it'd be awkward right?

The next day I spent isolated to my room. As the clock moved closer to midnight my anxiety rose and my sadness deepened- clinging onto every inch of me. It's nothing new, I always get this way about my birthdays.

This one feels significantly worse than the 20 I've had before. I just don't know if it's because I'm now a vampire and my emotions are all over the place. Or because my family isn't here. Or possibly because I'm hungry. Maybe all of the above.

At 11:30pm I force myself out of bed and make an attempt to find alcohol in this place. I decided I don't want to be mentally present for midnight. I eventually find myself in one of the dens spotting a bar in the back of the room. "Finally." I whisper to myself. I walk behind the bar checking out what's there. In need of something strong, something that will get me fucked up and quick- Moonshine. I see that clear nondescript jug. Pulling out the cork top my nostrils are assaulted with the strong alcohol scent. I take a large but fast swig of it.

Physically recoiling at the taste. I gag a bit and involuntarily shake. "Jesus." I say before I take a deep breath preparing to do it again.

I wander around the house for about 15 minutes trying to find a place to black out peacefully as I take sips of what is probably just 100% ethanol. I see double doors leading to an outside area and open them taking a step through the door when I see Grayson sitting there leaning on his knees and trying to light a joint in his hand. He looks up at me with a blank expression.

"Oh sorry I'll go find somewhere else." I start backing away towards the door.

"No sit, come drown your sorrows." He pats the stone next to him as he brings the joint up to his lips.

"Who said I'm drowning my sorrows?"

He takes the joint out, exhaling while he places the lighter down next to him. "You're coming to a secluded balcony to drink alone because you're happy? Sounds about right."

"I'm gonna go-." I say, continuing my backing away to the door.

"No wait. Come, sit." He motions his head to come over.