Chapter 15: yay genocide

Morgan Sinclair

I spent the next week attempting to get my shit together. Adjusting to sleeping through most of the day as opposed to the night. Focusing on my speed which has increased a lot lately. My strength? It's here and there. I've gotten... I wouldn't say used to my blood intake, I'm still twitchy and still very much so in pain but what else is new. I've been accustomed to a certain level of lethargy and all around uncomfortableness my whole life. I had a taste of energy, waking up and not feeling wiped but it's right back to business as usual.

I spent a good part of the night last night either bullshitting with Chloe over wine and horribly singing along to songs or staring at myself in the mirror- fangs and eyes and all. It doesn't seem real but the first thought in my head when I looked at myself was what would my mom think? Immediately followed by the thought of the rest of my family seeing me like that. Whites of my eyes black with red irises and fangs. I don't honestly know what their reaction would be, I tried to keep my thoughts positive; Lindsey and Chris maybe thinking it's cool but weird, my dad probably being more concerned about the science behind what I am, and my mom- I could picture her closing her eyes and shaking her head slightly before saying "Morgan," in a sigh but then she hugs me and tells me everything's going to be okay. Unfortunately my thinking quickly went negative so I had to stop before I spiraled and began sobbing over hypotheticals.

In the light of the outdoor lamps surrounding us, Kellan holds up the strike pads. We've been training with general fighting the past two days. I honestly think Chloe should be the one helping me with actual fighting but Kellan said he was just as good. I don't completely believe him. "Now punch using your strength."

With every intention of using said strength, I punch. He lowers his strike pads. "That wasn't it."

"I'm aware."

"You're thinking too much."

I wipe the sweat dripping from my forehead. "I can assure you, I have little to no thoughts in my head at all right now." I say taking in Kellans shirtless and sweaty body. Little to no thoughts other than 'please for the love of God fuck me.'

"Doesn't seem like it." He says without a hint of returned lust. He's genuinely only focused on my strength.

I shrug, forcing myself to meet his stare and not the bulge in his pants, his broad shoulders, or his arms, or his hands- maybe how they'd feel around my throat or trailing down my body. "I'm pretty sure my strength isn't fully here yet. Dane and Chloe said-."

"You ripped a doorknob and a light switch off the wall. It's there you're just not accessing it."  He lapses his tongue over his lips and the flurry of thoughts that appeared in my mind had me physically aching for him despite the rising anger in my chest.

"That's what I was trying to say." I say gritting my teeth. "Chloe and Dane said it's only coming out in stressful moments."

"Right. It's there." He starts to raise the strike pads once more.

"Give it some time. It'll come out." I say, tearing the velcro on my gloves.

"What are you doing?" He stares down at my hands.

"I'm tired, hungry, and want to shower." I remove my gloves, holding them both in one hand.

"Okay then." He removes his strike pads, tossing them to the ground next to him. "I'm gonna go for a run." He takes hold of both of my arms and looking at me with that angelic smile of his, he leans down kissing my lips quickly. "I'll see you later." He says before taking off.

I watch him run off, going outside the gates to run around the neighborhood. I begin my walk back to the house. The property is huge but I'm enjoying being outside, the crisp nighttime air and the slight breeze on my face is refreshing.