Chapter 30: not human

Morgan Sinclair

Is it bad that I don't regret killing that man?

I'm a little shocked with myself that I'm capable of something like that but in that specific situation I don't regret it.

I know he physically couldn't have killed Chloe but she didn't deserve to be beaten like that. They were here for me after all. I wanted to kill him. Everything in me wanted to kill him, there was no apprehension to the prospect of ending him. And when my fangs pierced his skin there was not one part of me that wanted me to stop. I was 100% sure of my actions- something that rarely happens I just never thought the thing my entire body and mind would agree upon would be murder.

Maybe I'm insane, maybe I'm a bad person that my only gripe is being lightly shocked by my thoughts and actions.

Shock- that's what I'm still in more than likely. I'm sure the self loathing and despair will come at a later date when the jump I just made finally hits me.

"Morgan, hello." I zone into existence at the sound of Graysons voice. I don't know how long I zoned, the last thing I remember was Chloe running off to go get Dane, Victoria, and Kellan. "You didn't die. You healed." He says, looking me over but not like how he usually does, he inspects me with concern.

"I didn't die." I say lowly peeling my eyes away from him, focusing on the body. He steps in front of me cutting off my line of sight, his hand comes up touching my chin gently lifting my head to look at him.

"You're okay. He deserved it. Please don't spiral right now."

"I'm not." I say hearing no discernible tone in my own voice. "I don't regret it."

His eyebrow subtly raises as he removes his light touch from my chin. "Good." He gives a small smile. He opens his mouth to say something else.

"You didn't die?" Dane says both taken back and relieved, briskly walking down the hall with Victoria, Kellan, and Chloe not far behind. "I thought you'd still be vulnerable."

"I guess not." I mindlessly rub where the fatal wound would be staring off at the floor.

I for sure thought I was dead. I didn't know I wasn't still vulnerable and when you see a knife sticking out of your chest that's normally what you'd think. Especially when you're a vampire and it's an obsidian knife.

What is my life?

"This mean she's fully transitioned?" Kellan asks scanning me with his eyes like I'm a new exhibit in a zoo, while Victoria stares through me with her jaw tightly clenched.

Dane nods. "Yeah she's... officially transitioned. Sorry a knife to the chest was what proved it."

"Things happen." I shrug staring at the floor.

I'm not human. Fully now. Not that I ever really was, but now there's no part of me that's even spelled to be human. I'm just a vampire. Fully a vampire.

"Guys, why don't we go back upstairs." Chloe suggests. "Get out of these tunnels." I catch Chloe motioning her head downwards towards the man I just killed. I watch all of them look down at the man lying lifelessly on the floor with a wound in his neck then briefly back at me.

"Yeah let's go upstairs." Dane nods and starts walking back towards the house.

Grayson tugs at my arm to get me to follow him and the others. As I walk, my eyes stay fixed on the man I killed. I killed a man. With my fangs. I drained him of his blood.

I did that.

I think I blacked out for a second because when I came back into to reality I was standing in the kitchen and the others were yelling. "Enough!" Dane slams his hand down on the kitchen counter quieting everyone down. "They know where we are now."