The movies

"Let's go to the movies" Margo said as we all sat around in the living room, bored out of our minds. We all agreed because there is nothing to do. While everyone was deciding on a movie and booking our tickets, I went upstairs to change. I found an old T-shirt and I paired it with black jeans and a jacket. I tried to put a little effort into what I looked like. It's hard to find something I feel comfortable in and doesn't look atrocious.

I sprayed on some perfume and went downstairs. When I got down there everyone was dressed and ready to go.

In my car it was me, Asher in the front and Alex, Warren, and Abigail in the back. I have noticed lately that Abby has had interest in Warren. It almost seems that he is showing little interest in her too.

I have had a crush on warren since I met him. I can't tell that you what exactly I like the most about him, or what always drags me back to him. Maybe it's his gorgeous green eyes, or his small dimple on right cheek, the way his eyes lighten up when he is laughing. But the most admirable trait he has is the way he will give everyone fair treatment and is the most kindhearted soul I have ever met.

"Franny? Hello, anyone home?" Asher said waving his hand in front of my face.
I examined my surroundings, I realized that we were parked in the lot at the movies. I have not a clue how I got us all here safely. I swatted his hand away from my face because his annoying ass doesn't know when to shut up.

I look in the back seat in the rear-view mirror to make sure that everyone is ready to go in. I first glance at Alex, he was trying to shove a bunch of snacks into his pockets. I slowly turned my attention over to Warren who was in the middle. He was looking straight forward. At first glance his face doesn't show any sign of emotion. As I got a closer look his eyes seemed to be looking at everything but me, and then there was a slight twitch in his jaw, that gave away the fact he was uncomfortable.

I looked next to me to see Asher looking at me with a look I had never seen before. He almost looked jealous, but he also looked upset. About what, I don't know.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ren's hand conjoined with Abigail's hand. She was looking at him with lust in her eyes. I felt like I was suffocating in jealousy and self-pity. I felt like the walls of the cars were caving in on me. Without saying anything to anyone in the car I quickly got out and made my way towards the building.

"Fran!! Franny!!!" I heard someone yelling after me. After the last nickname I knew was Brooks, he was the only one who called me that. The other car must have just got here.

Once he caught up to me, he slung his arm over my shoulder while taking a deep breath. "Are you trying to run away from me"?
"Maybe I am" I said with a playful look on my face.
We slowly made our way inside and I told him I was going to use the restroom. After I did my business and regrouped my emotions, I made my way to the group that were waiting with tickets in hand, and buckets of popcorn.

I was so excited because we were going to see a re-run of Divergent. They always bring back old movies during the weekdays. I love this movie not only for the plot but also for Four. However, I will forever say that the books were far superior to the movie.

We all got in line for our tickets to be scanned. All the girls were excited, and the boys were standing there with normal expressions on.

"You good Rose you seemed off in the car?" Warren asked in a teasing tone.

"I almost sensed a hint of jealousy." He accused me while leaning closer to me as the line moved up. My eyes almost bulged out of my head when he said that. I must be horrible at hiding my emotions, am I that easy to read?

"Jealous of wh....." I couldn't finish my sentence before I tripped on the bump from where the carpet began.

I closed my eyes and hoped for the best to know there was no saving myself now. But I never felt the hard floor. Instead, I was pulled back into a hard warm chest. I still had my eyes closed as I felt hot breath hit the back of my neck, sending chills down my back.
"Watch your step darling." He whispered against my ear lobe. I let out a shallow breath as he lingered.

But before anything else happened I quickly scurried away out of embarrassment. I could feel the heat on my cheeks as I thought back to how close we were.

In the theater there were assigned seats, so we all filed down the row. We had to split in two because they were the only seats left. In the top row was Alex and all his friends. In the row below them was me, all my sisters and Eli. I looked back to see that warren was right behind me.

I looked to my left and at the empty seat. I hope no one sits there because I hope I get the extra cup holder. If you know you know. But just as the lights were about to dim a group of teenage boys came and sat next to me. My hopes of the extra cup holder were crushed.

I turned my attention to the credits before the movie started. Then I felt a light tap on my shoulder and looked over at the boy next to me. "Hey, I'm Conner it's nice to meet you." He whispers while sticking his hand out for me to shake. "Franny, nice to meet you again" I said with a smirk and shook his hand. He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. "AP Bio Sophomore year" I said clearing up his confusion. A look of recognition crossed his face. "Oh, sorry about that it's dark in here" he said trying to make it less awkward. I gave him a small smile with a nod and turned my attention back to the movie.

As the movie went on the more Conner kept moving closer to me. He would occasionally brush his knee against mine. I would slightly scooch in the other direction hoping he would get the hint.
Then suddenly he put his hand on my thigh and was slowly moving it higher and higher.
This is not happening again to me I won't let him put his hands on me. I start to heavy breath with a panicked feeling arising. I grabbed his hand trying to shove it off me. Instead, he gripped my thigh tighter and was digging his nails into my leg.

Suddenly someone gripped his hair from behind and slammed his head into the back of the seat. I looked up and saw that Warren was looking at him with hatred in his eyes. He leaned in close and whispered something in his ear. Then warren shoved him out of his seat and looked me in the eye. Conner scurried to grab his stuff and ran out of the theater with his friends following.

Thinking back to that night at the party I started to feel numb, almost like all my scenes started to fade. My eyes started to blurt from my tears and my hearing was fading.

I quickly got out of my seat and hurried to the exit. I was desperate for a deep breath to help the burning in my lungs. I pushed open the doors and was welcomed by the warm breeze of the summer evening. I found a corner with no people and sat down, staring at the contrast of my bright white shoes against the dark pavement.

I saw a drop of liquid splash against my jeans, I reached up and felt the tears on my cheeks. I wiped them away after realizing I was crying. Then the river of tears broke loose, and my shoulders were shaking. 

I heard the heavy doors of the theater open, followed by a little shuffle. He slid down next to me with a sigh. After a few moments I saw the glow of his lighter lighting his cigarette. I tilted my head over and Warren was sitting there un bothered by my sniffles. 

When he puffed out the smoke the light breeze slightly blew it toward my face, along with the slight burn of the cigarette smell there was also a hint of Warrens cologne. It smelled of hints of woodsy mixed with the slightest smell of leather and vanilla.  

I turned my head away from him, wiped my face with my sleeve, and looked up to the sky. 

"Why are you here?" I croaked out my voice sounded graveled and raw.  

He leaned his head back puffing out more smoke. 

The only response he gave me was a slight shrug, as if he didn't know either. 

I felt a warm hand lay on my shoulder. I turned and was welcomed with warm arms and those beautiful green eyes.