Forehead kisses and fort making

"Is that my little prince and Cookie Monster I see" I say as walked into the living room where they were playing with their dad. Just like their nicknames they are completely different. But they both are the most precious little babies ever.

They both ran to me with open arms. "Fran, I have been asking mommy if you could come over," Jaxon said with excitement in his little voice. Then I turned to Justin, and I picked him up. He put his little arms around my neck and squeezed.

Jaxon was the first nephew, and I was the first of the aunt and uncles to hold him. He and I have always been close. He is a little social butterfly. I have always called him my little prince and he loves it.

Then we have Justin who is a little on the shy side. That is where he and I relate the most. I was also the first to hold him. As he got older, he would cry whenever I had to leave, and it always broke my heart. The reason I call him my Cookie Monster is because he loves sweets, especially my famous cookies.
I looked up to Noah and waved and he smiled at me and gave a little wave. He and my sister got married five years ago. I had just turned into a teen, and I thought he was the coolest guy in the world. But I don't really see him much because of his traveling job.

"Long time no see" I leaned in and gave him a quick side hug. Then he walked over to my sister who was standing in the doorway watching. They gave each other a quick kiss and a long hug. While he is out at work my sister is either working or taking care of the kids. That is part of the reason we don't really have that close of a relationship.

I looked over at her and she looked tired and a little worn out. I guess I never noticed because I was too wrapped up in my own problems to even realize Her's. I started feeling guilty but then an idea popped into my head.

"How about you guys go out tonight and I will watch the boys" I said while smiling at them.
"No, you do not have to do that I brought you here to relax and to get out of that house," she said, refusing my offer. I thought about what Ren had said to me last night, we all need an escape. I held up my hand to stop her from rambling on. "No refusals so go upstairs and get dressed. You look exhausted and everyone needs an escape."
She smiled at me, "We will be no later than ten thirty." Then they both gave me a hug, got dressed, and left.
I turned to the boys with a smile on my face.
"Who wants to make cookies and make a fort in the living room!" I said with enthusiasm laced in my voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were laying under the fort covered in blankets watching Rapunzel, they won't tell me why they want to watch it. I looked to my right and Justin was fast asleep.

"You are so pretty" Jackson said as he looked up at me while he had his head resting on my lap. I smiled down at him "thank you and you are one handsome little man". I said while poking his little button nose.
"You look just like Rapunzel." I laughed and gave him a hug. He rested his head back on my lap and his eyes grew heavy.
I stroked my hand through his hair and rocked him to sleep. "Don't ever grow up, I love you" I said as I kissed him on the forehead.
"I love you too" he said in a sleepy voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked through the front door with a smile on my face. I slowly took my shoes off and went to go into the kitchen.
"Do you think we could talk for a minute". I look up to see Alex on the couch with messy hair and fidgeting his hands. I sighed and sat down on the couch opposite of him.
" First, I want to start off by saying I am so sorry for the way I treated you. I overreacted and I blew the whole thing out of proportion. I should have just let it go after you told me where you were" He paused for a Moment and looked down and took a breath. " Second what I said was not ok to say, I was in the wrong. You are just as much a part of that friend group as I am. You have been my best friend from day one and I should have treated you as such".

I looked at him, took a deep breath and breathed all my frustrations, "It's ok, I know you were worried, and sometimes we have a hard time expressing our feelings." Also, you were not completely in the wrong I should have told you where I was and that I was ok, I'm sorry." We both gave each other a hug and he kissed me on the forehead, and I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Why don't we have a movie night like we used to, I'll even let you pick the movie!" Alex said and I agreed. We went into the kitchen and found all the snacks we could and made our way upstairs to my room because I have the biggest tv. He jumped into my bed with the snacks, and I closed the blinds and turned off the lights.

I decided on watching The Fault in Our Stars.
"I'm going to cry why do you do this to me". Alex said in protest. "You said I had first pick so no complaining. Also, sometimes all we need is a good cry for a sad movie. Therapeutic." I said with a smile on my face. I hit play and snuggled into his side; we were both sporting big smiles on our faces.

*A. N

Sorry this chapter was kind of short and boring :)