All Better

I stood in front of the door taking a deep breath. This is why I don't console people, I don't know what to say, especially with him. He makes me nervous and I feel like my mind spins when I'm around him. I took ahold of the door handle and mumbled some encouraging words to myself and pushed the door open.

When I walked in a saw that he wasn't in there. But after a minute I heard the shower running in the bathroom, so I decided to snoop around. I can't help it, I do this with every room I go into, I'm so nosey.

As I was looking around my eyes landed on the piano tucked away in the corner of the room. I felt the urge to uncover it, so that's what I did I slowly walked across the room towards it. I ran my fingers over the cover an lifted it with little effort.

I saw the beautiful black and white keys, they seem so familiar but also so distant at the same time. It's been a while since I played, Amelia thought me when I was eight and I've always stuck with it till now.

I sat down of the little bench and lightly pressed one of the keys, and a smile formed on my face. I always feel so free when I play just like when I'm baking, it brings me joy and can be used  as a creative outlet.

I pressed another key and then another, and then I found my fingers dancing across the keys in fluid motions. I closed my eyes and let my hands take full control, while ignoring the throbbing pain in my knuckles.

(The song she played)

As I was nearing the end of the song I slowed the rhythm and took a deep breath. As soon as my finger left the last key I heard clapping behind me.

I turned around fast nearly falling off the bench to find Ren standing behind me with a light smile on his face.

"That was beautiful Franny, I always forget that you are so talented." I looked at him and saw his bare chest and I couldn't help but wonder why he was so naturally beautiful.

"Yeah, beautiful"  I mumbled while still staring. Then I heard him laugh and bend down to my level so I was no longer staring at his abs and now into his eyes.

I shook my head trying to get those thoughts out of my head, and also trying to hide the deep blush forming on my cheeks. I looked up and saw him staring at the piano with a certain look I couldn't read.

"Sorry, I just couldn't help myself, it's been a while since I played." I explained with a sorry look on my face.

He shrugged and shoved his hands in his pockets while taking a seat next to me on the bench. I felt his knee bump into mine, they stayed touching because neither of us bothered moving them.

"It's fine I play it every now and then but I like seeing you here playing it." He said while lightly touching a single key. He looked over at me and I saw his eyes dart to my black eye, and the smile on his face slowly faded away. I hated that I was the cause of his beautiful smile disappearing.

I cleared my throat preparing myself for what I was about to say. "Umm I wanted to talk to you about something" I said with a shy voice.

"Ok, shoot" he said while repositioning so that he was facing me and his legs were on either side of the bench. I sighed, "I know you blame yourself for me getting hurt." I admitted while looking into his sad eyes. I hesitated for a moment before grabbing his hand and holding it in both of mine.

"But I don't blame you, ok. This was no where near your fault. I can't stand the thought of you beating yourself up over something you could of never caused" I said while reaching up and wiping a single tear from his face.