Late night visits

I woke up from a deep sleep confused about where I was. I looked around and realized that I was in my room, and next to me was Alex fast asleep curled up in all the blankets. We must have fallen asleep during the movie.

I was cold and about to rip the blankets off him, I heard a tapping. I finally pinpointed where the sound was coming from after looking around my room. It was the window; I was scared so I slowly climbed off the bed and made my way to the window and gently pulled back my curtains.

I gasped and covered my mouth with my hand. The sight in front of me made me want to break down in tears. Hunched down on the landing outside my bedroom window was Warren. From what I could see he had busted knuckles and a cut on his arm that was bleeding through his shirt.

As I opened the window a cool breeze hit my face. He looked at me and the hood was covering most of his face, but I could see his bright green eyes glazed over in tears. "Hey rose bud". He said in a whisper and a crack in his voice.

I quietly helped him through the window, careful not to hurt him any more than he was. I carefully led him to my bathroom, and he sat on the counter next to the sink.

He sat with his head down and the hood covering his face. I went straight for the medicine cupboard and got what I needed. I slowly reached up and removed his hood and put my finger below his chin to lift his head.

His face was littered with bruises, and he had a busted lip. I brought my hand up to move some small strands of hair from his eyes. This revealed a long gash along his eyebrow. I looked down and noticed that his glassy eyes were trailed on me. As soon as I looked him in the eye his lip started to wobble, and I pulled him into a tight hug. He fisted the back of my shirt with his hands, and I felt his tears on my shoulder.

We let go and I was standing between his dangling legs trying to get a closer look at his injuries. Once I examined it close enough, I quickly got to work. The whole time I was cleaning the cuts on his face he was staring at me examining my face.

Who could do this to him, the only person I could think of was his father. I wasn't going to ask him a bunch of questions, especially not tonight.

Once I was done with his face I moved to his knuckles and arm. I washed them, spread a thick layer of medicine, and bandaged them tight.

"Shit, you have my blood all over your hands." He took the wet rag I hadn't used yet and wiped his blood off my hands. He wiped slowly and made sure he got everything.

"Sorry" he tiredly muttered as he tossed the used rag on the sink next to us.

"No problem at all." I insisted.

While I was still holding his hand, I lifted it to my lips and placed a soft kiss on the bandage. Then I stood on tip toes, leaned closer, and kissed his eyebrow and cheekbone. We stared at each other with tears in our eyes.

I quickly left without a word and went to Alex's room and found a pair of sweats and socks. When I got back to my room and placed the clothes on top of my dresser. I went over to the bed and shook Alex awake "wake up it's the middle of the night, we must have fallen asleep. Why don't you go to your room". He mumbled something and shuffled his way out of my room and into his. Then I went back to the bathroom with the clothes in my hands. "I got some of Alex's clothes, they should fit" I said as I handed them over. He smiled and mumbled thanks and I left him to change.
When he finally came out of the bathroom, he sat down next to me. "I am going to stay in the guest room it's way comfier in here for you, and you need your rest." I said as I got up.

When I was about to walk to the door, he grabbed my hand. I turned around and looked at him. He looked up at me
"do you think you can stay and read for a little bit I don't want to be alone right now?"

I nodded and went to grab a book from the bookshelf. "I hope Pride and Prejudice is ok" I said as I shook it in my hand showing him the cover. He nodded and I sat down on the bed and rested my head on the headboard, and he followed. I grabbed my glasses off the side table and took the bookmark out. I felt his head rest on my shoulder, and I began to read.

"In vain I have struggled; it will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt a hand running through my hair as my eyes were half open. I opened my eyes to see Ren lying next to me, but the embarrassing part is that my face was on his chest and my leg was draped over his legs.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to crush you" I said but was cut off by knocking on my door. We both gave each other a panicked look and I went to the door and opened it so that they could only see my face through the crack.
It was Eli looking at me with his bright blue eyes.
"Morning, Alex wanted me to wake you up because we are going out to breakfast".
Shot I need to come up with an excuse because I can't leave Warren here by myself.
" I don't feel good, and I have been awake most of the night. Could you please tell Alex that I can't go?" I said in a rush before shutting the door.

I turned back around and saw Warren sitting on my bed staring at me. I stood there and looked at him and sighed. " I know I don't normally ask you questions about what happened, but this is too much. You have never been hurt this badly, and I don't know how to help you unless you tell me what happened." I said in one breath.

He looked at me with a look I couldn't read. He then sat up and patted the bed next to him. He was playing with the blanket, not looking at me, when I sat down.

"I went home last night to go see my mom and sister. When I got there no one was in the living room and so I decided to walk around the house. I went to my mom's room because I heard sobbing. I found her curled up in the corner of her room. She had bruises all over her face and feared running down her cheeks." He said with a little waver in his voice.

"Then I heard a scream come from my sister's room. When I walked in there, I found him leaning over my sister with his hands around her throat. In that moment all I could see was red and I tackled him to the ground, hence the bruises. But when I was trying to pin him down, he flipped us and started to attack me. But what I didn't notice is that he had a nice in his pocket, he started swinging it right above my face." I gasped and put my hand over my mouth and the tears were silently running down my face. "Are they ok, are they still there" I asked scared for them. "Yes, they are ok I took them to my apartment last night after I knocked him out." He said with an exhausted look on his face.

"Good, and if they need anything I am always here to help. And the same goes for you". I said while putting my hand on his. He took my hand in his and put it up to lips and then rested it on his cheek.
"Your swelling has gone down a lot". I said looking at his cheek and busted lip.

He smiled at me " it's all because of these talented little hands." I smiled up at him with a little laugh "you know I have been considering going into nursing". I said in a matter-of-fact tone. He smiled. "Well, you will be the best damn nurse this world has ever seen". He said while releasing my hand. I missed the warmth of his hand on mine. Snapping out of my thoughts I looked up at him and smiled. "Speaking of we should probably get some ice for your face."