eye for an eye

I had never seen such agony on one's face and for him to be in such pain hurts me.

"Warren!" I called to get his attention. As I voiced his name Gabe's grip on me tightened so hard that he was digging his nails into my pale skin. The gun was pressed closer, and I was tired of fighting.

"Warren!! Look at me" I yelled louder. This time I got his attention he looked at me and I could see the terror in his eyes and it broke me. I felt my stomach drop with one single look from the one man I have ever loved.

"It's ok, Ren. Just look me in the eyes. It's ok.  I love you so much" I said just above a whisper.

My eyes were locked on him and his were on mine. The look on his face brought an over whelming dread into my body.

"Rose bud it's ok you are going to get out of this." He said in a comforting tone. He said as if he believed it but I didn't. I gave him a knowing look and I felt my lip wobble, and I just slightly shook my head.

"Shut the hell up!!" Newt yelled. He then pointed the gun at my head and in that moment I knew what was going to happen, this was my end.

I never thought that mine and Warren's story would end in such a tragedy.

Even though I was scared I never knew that I would be so content with the thought of death.

I pried my gaze from Warren's devastated face and turned to Asher who looked just as bad. He had tears running down his face and when he made eye contact with me a sob broke through his lips.

I gave him a sad smile and nodded my head to him. "Be strong. ok?" I cried out and he sadly nodded.

Then I went back to those beautiful green eyes to be the last thing I see.

His bruised cheeks were soaked in tears to the point where they were blotchy and red. The tip of his nose was red and I couldn't help but think how cute he looked. Then I realized that I am content with this being my last view.

What a beautiful view. I took a deep breath as I heard the rattle of the gun. I gave a small smile but it didn't last long due to the wobble of my bottom lip.

And with it I heard the loud booming noise of a gun being shot. And my body collided with the floor.

Then there was nothing.

I felt nothing.

I was still alive.

But when I opened my eyes to terror. Right in front of me was Asher sprawled out on the floor next to a very much dead Newt. Newt had been shot right between the eyes and was given a quick death.

Gabe had shot him as he was shooting at me. Before the bullet could hit me Asher ran into its path blocking me from my fate. I felt the bile coat my throat at the sight around me. My stomach swirled with anxiety and and disgust.

There was blood pooling around Asher and without thinking I scooted over to him. Tears were collecting in my eyes. Other than my sniffles and Asher's labored breath was the sound of Warrens fist connecting with Gabe's face.

"Asher, oh my god." I mumbled between sobs.

I pulled his head into my lap and pulled off my jacket. I wadded it up and put it over his bleeding wound. The deep red liquid was moving fast, and gradually the grey sweatshirt was turning a deep red.  
His breath hitched as I put pressure on it.
He grabbed my wrist as I was fussing over his wound.

"Franny, it's ok." Is all he said with a weak voice.
"It's my time I guess" he chuckled but ended up coughing up blood into his hand.

My eyes widened in shock and tried to comfort. I tried to find my phone to call an ambulance, but I had left I it at home.