midday nap

We slowly walked into the apartment and there was not a single sound heard. "What about my clothes and my car" I said while remembering that we left my car at the restaurant.

"I will go get your car tomorrow and the boys are at your house getting some stuff for you." He said in a reassuring voice and then disappeared into the kitchen. I looked around because I have never been here before.

There was a huge living room with a dining room right off to the right. Then there was a a hall way  that branched off  that held all of the bedrooms. I slowly walked down and looked through any open doors. When I reached the end there was a set double doors. The curiosity got the best of me and I slowly opened the door and took in what was before me. I walked in and was instantly hit my the most comforting smell, it smelled like Warren. There was an unmade bed that had grey sheets that had matching blankets. I looked to the right and saw a bookshelf that was chocked full of books. As I looked through them I slowly realized these are all of the books that I had recommended to him.

"Was it not what you were expecting?" I stilled and kept my eyes on the bookshelf.  I blushed realizing that he caught me snooping in his room. "Actually this is exactly what I expected." I said in a quiet tone. 

"It looks so much better with you in here." He said and my blush grew deeper.

I was quick to snap out of the love sick girl, it's the part he always manages to draw out of me.

I crossed my arms over my chest and took a deep breath.

"It's cruel you know?"

I still didn't have the nerve to turn around and face him. I knew if I faced him I would fold.

I'm weak when it comes to him and I don't think there is any thing I can do to diminish that feeling.

I reached out running my finger along the framed picture of him and the boys in the pool from a few years ago.

At first glance it was hard to notice but the more I looked, the faster I realized I was in the back sitting on the side of the pool, with my long frizzy hair soaked in water. I was staring. No, longing at something. More like someone.

I was staring at him he was the closest to me and the look on my face was pure adoration. I was so hopeful that that had been the summer he would finally notice me.

But as expected, it wasn't.

My heart broke for that little girl, she was hopeful.

And now she is broken.

Out of the corner of my eyes I saw a look of regret cross his face. "Franny Im so sorry. There was a lot of stuff that I said that was uncalled for. Please you are my person and I need you I need to be able to take care of you."

"I tried to distance myself because I knew that at some point I would hurt you. I couldn't bare the thought that I would be the reason you would be in pain." He said with a pleading tone.

I felt the tears well in my eyes and my heart beat speed up. When I looked at him I felt filled with regret and sorrow. I shouldn't have said what I did.
With hesitation I crossed my arms I felt the tears starting to fall. I turned to try my best to hide the fact I was crying.
"I forgive you." I said in a shaken tone.
"I said something's that I didn't mean and I'm sorry too. Just, promise you will never hurt me like that again." All he did was nod through the tears.

I felt him walk closer to me and I felt his hand reach for mine and as much as I tried to pull it away he tightened his grip. "Can you please turn around rose bud?" I shook my head and I felt a sob rack through me. I couldn't help it, it's the nickname that is a symbol of hope for me. I felt my anger at him dissolve by a single touch and I don't t know how to deal with it.