Who will marry me?

Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought ~ Shelley

1.

'Mom, I am home.' Tae yells as soon as he reaches home.

It was a routine. Kim Taehyung, 28, the richest buisness man of Korea coming back to his home at 10 pm sharp every night and having dinner with his mother and father.

As he takes his bag to his room and freshens up, his mother, Kim Ye Sura gets the dining table ready. At sharp 10.10 he comes down.

'It smells wonderful mom.' Tae says as he sits on his chair after hugging his mother.

'Yea! You say it everyday.' Ye Sura says chuckling as she serves her only son. Ye Sura, the beauty of her times who married Tae's father after falling in love with him after meeting him at a business meeting.

'I can't help it if you cook tasty food everyday mom.' Tae says as he starts eating his food, after his mother has already taken her first bite, of course.

He maybe the best buisness man out there. But at home, he was a loving son who loved his parents a lot.

'Yeah! Yeah! Let me see till when you humour this old lady. Wait for your partner to come into this house and you will be wrapped around their finger---forgetting about your poor mother.' Ye Sura says with fake tears and a light smirk on her face.

'Aish Mom, don't tease me. You know I am not marrying anytime soon.' Tae said smiling but his mother could see the glint of sadness behind the smile. She knew him inside out.

'Mom, when is dad coming? Wasn't he supposed to come today?' Tae said wanting to change the topic.

'Ah! Yes, don't remind me. I am going to kill that old man once he comes. Can you believe it? He extended his trip a day more. He will come tomorrow in the morning. Let him come. I won't let him go again.' Ye Sura says with a pout on her face. The exact same pout her son inherited. Tae looks at his mother and feels guilty. He was desperate to change the topic because he didn't want her becoming sad.

His father, Kim Ha Tael, was a generous and hardworking man who loved his family, rarely getting anytime for anything else. He worked hard to make his company, Kim Publishing the best in the country from his early years till 4 years ago when he handed his everything to his son and retired for some peace with his wife.

Now, he spends his time living with his wife or occasionally going out to meet his friends and make up for the time he lost in his youth.

'Aye, Don't worry, your old man will be here first thing in the morning. After all, he has to give you a rose like everyday, doesn't he?' Tae teased back in a hope that his mother would get back to her good mood. That was the thing about their bond.

If Ye Sura could sense his sadness, Tae could sense her loneliness.

Ye Sura blushed and mumbled, 'Focus on your food and sleep.' She might have gotten old but her and her husband's love hadn't. And their only child left no opportunity to tease her knowing he couldn't get a rise out of his old man. Moreover, it was his way of making sure that his mother would sleep happily rather than missing him.

Tae saw her yawning and sent her to her room to rest as he made sure that the table was cleaned by the househelp just like his mother liked and retired to his room.

As soon as he reached his room, he locked it and opened the window drawing the curtains away. He lit the cigarette hidden under his drawer and put the killing thing between his teeth and lit it up. As he took a puff and looked out at the gardens now covered in darkness, his mind went back to what his mother had said. His sigh heavy... like the weight of the company he handled.

'Ahh mom! I wish I could marry. But i can't seem to. To marry someone you need someone who agrees and everyone I meet seems way too eager.' Tae thought with a sad smirk on his face.

He kept taking long drags till he felt a bit calmed down. After that he changed his clothes and slipped into the soft but cold sheets.

One side of bed left untouched as if the owner hadn't claimed it as theirs yet.

Which was true. Tae dated a lot of men. He had come out to his family a long time back. After their initial hesitation they didn't mind. As long as their child could be happy... the gender didn't matter.  Ye Sura helped a lot in that time. She brought her slightly conservative husband around. The mother's heart knew the boy and how he had changed from someone who wore his heart on the sleeve and smiled his boxy smile to a business man... ruthless and meticulous in his work as he expanded his publishing company from books to magazines, newspapers, PR agency, advertising and was still working to make something in the entertainment world. The guy had worked without sleep almost to the point of dying till last year when his mother had put her foot down and forbade him to work at night and come home everyday for dinner. Of course, drama happened when the workholic man who had forgotten how to relax was forced to stop working but his mother threatening to leave her home and fake threatening to divorce her husband as according to her, her husband was at fault... Somehow worked. 

'You have made my son this way. I gave birth to a sweet one. You made him machine.' were her exact words. So there he is. At 11, tucked in his bed waiting for sleep to visit him by mistake. His eyes stuck on the side where no one slept.

Honestly, he too wanted someone to love, someone he could call his, someone he could pamper and someone who would pout and demand things from him and he would have to go to lengths just to see them smile. His friends usually complained about their partners' behaviour but Tae always found it endearing. He wished someone would think of him as his enough to throw around tantrums. He was ready. But apparently, you can't find the right person to marry when you are the richest buisness man becuase no one wants you for you but for your money.

Tae kept thinking of all of this and didn't realise when he drifted into a disturbed sleep.

Little did he know that the one who was about to bring a storm in his peaceful but sad life was just getting ready for his night to start.

                                *****

Author's Note: Hey, this is my first story. Please let me know what you feel. Please vote and comment. I will try my best to make this a wonderful story. Please show your love. Army forever 💜