Decisions

Don't leave me, even for an hour, because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift
into me, choking my lost heart ~ Neruda

5.

Kim Taehyung kept thinking about what his mother said.

Did he want a partner? Yes.
Had he given up hope of finding a partner by himself? Also, sady yes.
Should he accept his mother's wish? He wasn't sure.

It was eight in the night. Mr Jeon had left after meeting his mother. He later got to know his mother had already known what the two men would talk about. So before they could discuss and ask him for a decision his mother had wanted to give him a heads up so that he wouldn't be shocked when his father brought the topic. His mother had made her father busy with herself so that Tae could think without any influence. But right now, he felt like he was losing his mind. He called his best friend Min Jimin and asked him to meet him at the club.

Tae dressed up, informed his mother that he was going out and that he would be late and went out.

As soon as he entered the club, he regretted asking Jimin to come here. Even though he dashed to the VIP area to save himself from the stuffing of human bodies, the loud music was already killing the peaceful vibe he wanted. Park Jimin or Min Jimin as he was called after his marriage with his long term partner and producer, Min Yoongi.

'Hey bestie' Jimin shouted and hugged Tae. 'What are you doing here? Let's go back?' Jimin said in one breath and dragged Tae's hand to the back of the club in a much nice room where the music was mellow and two bartenders in decent clothes served drinks unlike outside where they were literally dressed skimpily. Tae preferred this much more and wondered how he hadn't known about this. Well again, he rarely went out. So it was kinda obvious.

'So bestie, how are you?' Jimin asked as he sat back on the plush sofa and opened the button of his blazer motioning the server to get him a drink.

'You are late Jimina.' Tae said still adjusting to the surroundings and the dark lights.

'Umm.. i got a little busy in the last moment' Jimin said blushing.

Tae raised his eyebrow and brushed his finger against Jimin's collar and saw dark purple hickeys and Jimin's blush at Tae's action and smirk.

'Yes, I can see what made you busy ChimChim' Tae said teasingly.

'Yeah! I was jjjjust ppacking. That cat person had forgotten some last minute stuff for his flight.' Jimin said still blushing refering to his Husband, Min Yoongi.

'Yeah, that cat person also left his cat in this city I think.' Tae laughed openly now.

'Yeah. Shut up. What do you wanna have?' Jimin asked.

'Whiskey neat.' Tae said to the server and both the friends started talking. Tae getting more and more drunk with passing time. And Jimin still staying almost sober. Well don't blame him. He knew Yoongi would worry if he drank a lot. So he was being careful. If Yoongi didn't have a flight he would have probably drink more than Tae but Jimin knew Yoongi would stay anxious till he got at his house given that Yoongi's flight was only for an hour and Jimin was probably going to stay till midnight at the club and till he video called and told Yoongi that he was fine, Yoongi would keep working sleeping only when his husband reached. Sweet, I know.

Tae lit his cigarette. Finally high enough that his brain could break the walls enough to be able to talk to his best friend. He took a puff and said,

'Chimchim, How does marriage feel?' Jimin knew Tae was only setting a precursor to what he wanted to talk about. He knew Tae wanted to talk since he had texted. Since he ordered a neat whiskey. Since he lit his cigarette and asked that question. He knew something was bothering his best friend's mind.

Jimin looked at his best friend closing his eyes as he pulled in a puff. Before answering Jimin asked him to pass the cigarette, knowing it would make Tae goe in a headspace where for him they were both alone and he could say whatever he wanted. Jimin looked at him and said,

'It's like your soul finally finds a place to rest Tae.' He passes him his cigarette back.

Tae pulled in the last puff and said, ' I too want my soul to be at rest Jimin.'

'So, You found someone?' Jimin asked delicately knowing the sensitivity of the matter. But he made it sound non chalant as he lit another cigarette and motioned the server to get another drink.

'Mom has someone in mind.' Tae said silently downing his 8th drink in one go.

'What do you think Taetae?' Chim asked.

Tae passed him the cigarette and rubbed his hands on his face.

'I don't know chim. I want someone. But at the same time, i don't want to spoil someone's life. You know how hard it is for me to speak about emotions... And i just... Damn!' Tae said smoking.

Jimin knew his friend won't be able to say more.

'You gotta trust yourself Tae. You are a good man. You will need time. But you will open up to him. And if aunty has chosen him, he must be good. He will understand. You have come a long way. I trust you Tae. You will be a good husband.'

'You think so? You are not just saying it because I am your best friend.' Tae asked.

'No Tae. You know i would have told you if you were making a wrong decision. Sure you both will have ups and down. It will take time to understand him. It will take time till you both can get along well. But you can do it. I know you. You will be happy Tae.'

'You think so?' Tae asked. Vulnerable again.

'Yes Tae. It's time to be chase your happines. and if you go wrong somewhere or if you need some help me and Yoongi hyung will be there to guide you. Don't worry.' Jimin said.

Promise ChimChim?

Promise Tae.

An: Do you think Tae can get over his insecurities?