Moving forward

There are stories in everything. I've got some of my best yarns from park benches, lampposts, and newspaper stands.
~O Henry

40.

It was already eight days since Eomma's accident. She was recovering well though she still had trouble getting up and walking. But, she was trying her best with the stick. The full-time nurse helped her with personal chores, Kook took care of Eomma as much as he could. Well, he had a house to handle, decisions to be taken as help waited for him to take the final call. Tae had a hard time keeping up with the work that was pending. He tried to work on the collaboration too leaving the couple no time to spend together at all.

Tomorrow, Kook would start his office. He had already made sure that Appa would be free tomorrow. He had directed the butler about everything that needed his say. The elder couple had already had their dinner without Tae as Tae was still on the way from a nearby city where he had gone for a meeting.

Needless to say, the younger couple hardly got any time to spend together. Kook hadn't talked to Joonie or Jinnie after his marriage properly. They tried calling him several times, even asking him to meet him but Kook couldn't leave.

Tomorrow, he would work from office for the first half and then work from home as Tae will work from his office in the second half so that if Appa and Eomma needed anything, at least one of them could be there.

The couple had gotten extra careful after mom's accident. Isn't that what life is? The moment you realise how easily you can lose what you have, you start to hold those things more dearly than you have ever before.

As Kook was tick marking a mental check list of the things that needed to be taken care of before office tomorrow, he saw Tae opening the door. Finally, Kook went and hugged the elder. Tae gave a boxy smile even though it didn't need an expert to tell how tired he was.

'Change Hyung. I will get your dinner.' Kook said as he passed Tae the clothes he had already taken out.

Tae smiled in return, thanking his stars for the nth time since he had married that he had gotten such an amazing man.

Kook went down and heated the food and checked for chilly before taking the food upstairs. He opened the door and realised that Tae was still in the washroom. Kook kept both their morning clothes and his bag on the side couch so that he could save time in the morning. He took out lunch from Tae's bag and placed it back at the couch too.

The couple was being stretched to their limits right after their marriage. It felt like life had given them each other and when they could be happy with each other thrown hard times as if exacting compensation for the happiness it had offered.

Tae came out of the washroom breaking Kook's reverie. Tae sat on the table as kook served him food. Both of them started their dinner. Kook had already served Eomma and Appa saying that he would accompany Tae as he ate.

'How was your day hyung?' Kook asked in between bites.

'Long and tiring Kookie. I swear some businessmen have more money than sense.' Tae said after a long, tired sigh.

'I would have to agree with you on that one, hyung.' Kook said recounting his own various encounters with businessmen over the years.

'You are rejoining office tomorrow, baby?' Tae asked.

'Yes hyung. For the first half. I need to be there. Some decisions need my presence as well as I will be officially taking charge tomorrow. Namjoon Hyung will resign tomorrow.' Kook said.

'Baby, I will be working from home the entire day. You need to stay the entire day from tomorrow. I am shifting my office to our library till the time Eomma doesn't get properly fine. It won't give a good impression if you are only for half day in the office in the starting.' Tae said.

'But hyung---' Kook started speaking.

'Baby I know we decided we will take all the decisions together. But please trust me in this. There is always a power play when the company changes hands. You will need all your concentration.' Tae said.

'But hyung, will you be able to manage?' Kook asked hesitantly. Because he knew Tae was right. There was already some rebellion in the office at him taking over. He needed to take charge. He had been gone for over a week already.

'Yes baby. Please trust me.' Tae said pleading.

'Thanks hyung.' Kook said.

'Come let's get to bed. Tomorrow is an important day for you. Leve the plates here. We will take care of it in the morning.' Tae said.

Both of them cuddled. Tae slowly kept patting Kook's head, 'Are you scared for tomorrow?'

'No hyung. I have been trained for this. I need to do this.' Kook said and Tae knew Kook could handle this.

Tomorrow would indeed be a long day.

The couple slept peacefully in each other's arms as they talked about their days.

An: A slightly shorter chapter.