Date

We love people not so much for the good they've done us, as for the good we've done them.
~Tolstoy

31.

It was dark when the couple wake up from their not so holy activities having fallen asleep right after they met again---both a bit calm and relaxed.

As decided, both of then go out but this time instead of walking they both sit on seashore, looking quietly at the sunsetting. Both of them lost in their own thoughts. But it wasn't a weird or awkward silence. It was silence of companionship. A silence that oozed calmness and security... The mind of silence that made you close your eyes and feel the air brushing your skin as you remembered the happiest moments of your life or you just sat in complete oblivion to the world. Satisfied, nay, content with your life. Most people, or couples especially new couples didn't appreciate the beauty of silence. Peope filled silence with words, meaning garbles that they don't mean. Only a few knew how holy silence was. How pregnant silence could be. Because the words that came after a long silence were always meaningful, straight from the heart.

The couple was happy that they weren't one of them. They were both used to being surrounded by the people the entire day. Silence to them was meaningful. In their heart, they were happy to know that the other appreciated as much as they did.

Tae, in particular, glad that Kook enjoyed it. When you aren't so good with words and emotions, silence is a constant companion. It had been Tae's companion for so long that he felt restless when he could not get some essence of it the entire day. Unadulterated silence---just letting nature weave a symphony of cocophonies like a warm hug from your grandmother's handwoven sweater in winters.

Both of them lay on the shore concentrating just on the sea waves, the birds chirping and the sun going down.

Tae was amazed how used to silence he had gotten. He had hated it when he used to be alone years ago. When he became a young CEO, nights were the most horrible thing for him. It was too silent. Slowly, he made it a companion. Don't get him wrong, it wasn't a pathetic attempt to merge in your weakness. It was the strongest thing he could have done. Facing your enemy head-on and making an companion out of it.

For Kook, Silence was rare. His nights were always spent in loud clubs and days during people. Silence had always made him miserable. But the past few days with Tae, he had surprisingly come to enjoy it. Needing to drown the voices in your head with a bitter liquor wasn't exactly a pleasant way to live. It wasn't that the voices had gone away miraculously but he had gotten better at managing them. When he was alone in his city, the thoughts of Tae had kept them at bay and now his presence did.

There was something about Tae which made him feel secure. He couldn't exactly point it out. He knew he was slowly falling for the elder. How could he not? The elder was so caring, so selfless, so thoughtful. But it wasn't how he usually imagined love to be. Wasn't love an all ferocious force taking you by storm. Hadn't he thought that when he would fall in love, he would immediately know because of the Strom in his heart or the burning of his desires or the passion that made one feel like holding the other till there was no space?

Or was it just what he had seen in movies? Being so full of passion, being impulsive, making rash decisions....

But, He didn't feel like this with Tae. He didn't feel like a hurricane was brewing inside him or an avalanche of feelings unabling him to breathe. He didn't feel uprooted from his very core. He didn't feel that suddenly everything had turned rosy. He didn't feel like laughing like a mad man shouting it to the world that he was falling in love or was in love and was just scared to accept.