The Same Old Life

Art is long, and Time is fleeting,
   And our hearts, though stout and brave,
Still, like muffled drums, are beating
   Funeral marches to the grave. ~ Longfellow

2

'Let's go!' said Jeon Jungkook to himself as he zipped his leather pants at the sides and adjusted his biker jacket.

'You are going out again?' asked Jeon Mi Ara as she looked at her 26 year old son coming downstairs to the main hall.

'Momma don't be like that.' Jeon Jungkook spoke through his bunny pout. His face expression of a cute child so different from the attire he adorned.

Mi Ara looked at her son and sighed. Her 26 year old was so different from her elder son, Kim Namjoon who was 35. If her Joonie was an epitome of a perfect child since childhood her baby bunny, Kookie was giving her grey hairs before her due time. But again, Mi Ara knew Joonie always did his best to never make her and her husband Jeon Haem feel like he was a burden. He was an adopted child and no matter what Mi Ara did, the child was too well behaved and sometimes she wondered if he didn't feel at home them even after 32 years of his life with them. She had hoped his marriage would change him but it has only been a month and she would have to be patient. She is broken from her reverie as her kookie comes and hugs her. She sighs again. And says, 'Just stay safe and come home soon.'

'Yes mom!' Kookie cheered all the while jumping in happiness and runs and makes his way to his car. Jeon Jungkook, the most eligible bachelor of his area, the youngest son of the Jeon's, the future heir of Jeon Entertainment, a man with money and looks but a rebel. Refusing to accept his position at his father's company, Jeon started at the smallest position and has been making his way up wanting to learn what every designation in his company does in practical so that he can be a better boss in the future. Well, for now, his life was working during the day and partying at night. Carefree, sweet, a guy who loved his parents but believed that he had his own path to chart than the one being handed over to him.

As his hand rests on his steering wheel, there are no traces of an expensive Rolex or well ironed suit or an expensive perfume. If someone came across him on the street, they would mistake him for a regular working man. A simple down to earth guy with the resolve of steel, our bunny was just trying to figure out life as it came.

His peaceful drive is interrupted by a phone call.

'Hello hyung' Jungkook says to his phone a smile automatically setting on his face.

'Kookie, where are you? When are you coming? Are you safe? Are you too tired after your job?' Kim Seokjin blabbers off. Hearing his voice, slightly slurred but satiated makes kook happy.

'Omo! You are becoming my mother hyung. Save it for your husband. I am coming hyung. Just some traffic. Till then eat my brother's head.' Jungkook says and cuts the call before his Jin hyung could kill him with his words.

He takes a left turn and makes his way to the club. The bouncers let him in to the vip section. The youngest Jeon had only one philosophy: work hard, party harder. So, he was an everyday customer of this club. It was safe to say all bartenders got his order ready as soon as they saw him. He saw his brother-in-law Kim Seokjin drinking and his older brother, Joon look at him worriedly.

He entered their private booth and was engulfed into a hug by Joon as Jin tried to stand up.

'Hyung no' the words made it out of his mouth as he realised his brother in law was going to fall. But before anything happened, Joonie's strong arms clutched the waist of his husband. Joonie could feel the softness of his husband's skin as his hands rested on his waist. It was softer than usual. It was the first time he was directly touching it instead of above the clothes. His eyes widened at another disturbing thought. Jin's shirt had ridden a bit upwards and his waist was visible. Something came over Joon as he realised other people could see his husband. He broke the trance and no matter how much his heart screamed to not let go of his husband, he stood him up straight and adjusted his clothes. He made him sit and shouted at the waiter who had come to deliver their drinks, 'Dont you have any sense. How dare you look at my husband? Get away from here before I get you fired.' the blood in Namjoon's eyes and the power in his voice brought the most powerful men on their knees. How much chance did a waiter have?

To say that the other two men in the room were shocked would be an understatement. Kim Namjoon, the perfect child had raised his voice... Damn! They are more serious than I thought Jungkook thought and sat opposite to Jin opting for a handshake than a hug suddenly afraid of his brother. Jin on the other hand was red from his ears. Even in his drunk state he could feel how heavenly his husband's arms felt. And how he had hastened to cover his waist but what Namjoon didn't know was that how in his hurry his fingers had trailed Jin's skin and Jin had shuddered, his body already reacting to him.

'Hey, are you okay?' Namjoon voice was very soft. Jin just shook his head and made himself small as if wanting to be invisible.

Jungkook was shocked. He felt more single than ever. His brother who was never soft or loud before.. always the same... Losing his shit over an inch of skin that got visible and Jin, who titled himself World wide handsome and unabashedly praised himself the entire day became a blushing mess just at joon's touch and voice. The night was too young for Jungkook to take in so much information. He gulped down his 60 ml whiskey neat in one shot---hoping to get drunk and forget what he had witnessed. He definitely did not need images of his elder brother's bedroom shenanigans in his mind and sure as hell did not want to feel so damn single. Had it not been for his resolve to not have meaningless sex, he would have already found someone to hook up with. But he sat with the newly wed couple of one month and saw all their blushes and secret glances. Well to be fair to the young couple, it's not like they were doing it deliberately. It was young love afterall. No one can hide it, nor could they. So, kook like the good brother he was sat there for two hours, talked about life, business and family after which the young couple left for their home and Kook made his way to his home.

Something Jin said before he entered his car kept circling his mind.

'Dont worry, you will have a tiger taking care of you soon.' Jin had said. His eyes unfocused as he was ready to sleep in the car seat where Namjoon made him comfortable. Namjoon heard what he said and as Jungkook looked at him of for an explanation, Joon plastered a stoic expression on his face. When the younger brother questioned Joon, brushed his hands through his hair and said, 'Let's just say your life is about to become better.' and motioned kookie to go home.

'Aish! What did they mean?' thought kook. 'Ah, maybe I am too drunk and have imagined things. I will see to it in the morning.'

Soon, he reached his home, and after telling his mother who had been secretly waiting for him to return that he was going to sleep, he made his way to his bedroom.

Jeon Jungkook slept peacefully in his party clothes wheras in the other side of the country a man in his comfy pajamas kept tossing restlessly on his bed as he drifted in and out of sleep.

AN: sorry, this was all over the place. I am gonna try and write better. But putting this chapter here was important. Please keep reading. Let me know if you liked it.