Welcome To Your Home

Burdens are for shoulders strong enough to carry them. ~ Margaret Mitchell

10.

'Ah you are here, Jungkook. Come my boy. Have a seat.' said Mrs Kim kindly as she saw her son coming with their guest.

'Come, Come dear. Have a seat.' gushed Mr Kim.

Jungkook bowed to both of them. He noticed Mrs Kim sitting at the head of the table which was new to him. Usually, the head of the family sat there. He soon found out why.

'Aish, Shoo. Go away. My son has come for the first time. Let him sit closer to me. Take the other chair.' Mrs Kim said as soon as Tae started to take the chair directly opposite to her dad, then one nearest to his mother on the left side.

Tae was amused. He knew his mom was trying to comfort Jungkook. So he, got up and gave his seat to Jungkook and went and sat next to him. But how could he leave a chance to tease his dear mother.

'I see mom, already changed parties. As soon as dad comes you forget me. And now that Jungkookie is here, you will forget all about me. We had a good run mom. I will miss being your favourite child.' Tae fake pouted.

Tae's father joined in the banter.
'Ahh I am so happy. Now, you will know what I felt like whenever you took your mother away from me for your things. This is a good day, Ye Sura. Remind me to say an extra prayer of gratitude today before I sleep today.'

Mrs Kim had a wide smile on her face. Her family was complete. Her husband and son were here. Now only if Jungkook agreed... She thought.

Out loud she said, 'Shut up you dorks. Here, eat this Jungkook. I had this made specially for you. I hope you like Bulgogi.'

'Thank you Mrs Kim. I really do like it. Thank you.' Jungkook said in gratitude. Now he knew why sat at the head of the table. She was the binding force of the family. Both the men clearly worshipped her and he could see why.

'Aish Mrs Kim makes me feel like a cold business woman Jungkook-ah. Just call me eomma from now on. I am your mother's age anyway.' Mrs Kim said. She didn't know how he felt about the marriage, so she didn't want to make him uncomfortable by saying that he was already a part of the family.

And that is how the lunch went. Mrs Kim forcefeeding Jungkook. Tae laughing at his mother's antics and Mr Kim butting in now and then.

As they ended their lunch, Mr Kim sent Tae to the library as there were a few urgent emails that needed to be taken care of. Tae's secretary had called Mr Kim when she had been unable to get a hold of him. With reluctance and after making sure Jungkook was comfortable with his parents, he went up, hoping he could come down soon.

Mrs Kim saw this as a golden opportunity and dragged Jungkook for a private conversation under the guise of the tour of gardens.

'So Jungkook, how are you finding it?' She asked him as soon as she had placed her hand on his elbow for support as she entered the first Park.

Jungkook looked around him. He thought about the question and realised that it was going much better than he had expected. Taehyung seemed like a nice guy. His father and mother were welcoming. Jungkook could see himself living here... What was he thinking? Jungkook thought to himself and replied,

'It's good Mrs Kim. I am sorry for coming out of the blue. I just....' Jungkook was saying.

'Hush child!' Ye Sura said lovingly.
'You can come here anytime and as to why you were here out of the blue is really a matter between you and my son. I trust you both. I am sure it must be something important.' Ye Sura said.

Jungkook was again shocked. Usually people always wanted to know all the things. Especially in marriage or in general. But here Mrs Kim didn't mind why he had come.

Ye Sura continued, 'I hope you don't have a problem with marrying Tae. But you must know a bit about him before agreeing. Tae loves people to death but he doesn't know how to show it to other. I am an exception well because I am literally his mother. But even with his closest hyungs... If one is not looking for the signs.. one would almost believe that he is a cold man....' Ye Sura said and guided Jungkook to the chairs nearby. She looked around and spoke again after catching her breath.

'Tae takes time opening up but he is not a bad guy. He never treats anyone badly. He has his flaws but he is a good child. I have heard a lot about you from my husband... I know you too are a good child. So, if you think you can take things slow and give him some time. I am sure you will be able to see the man who he really is and of course, if he hurts you or says something. All you have to do is come to me and I will sort him out.' Ye Sura said.

Jungkook was happy at Mrs Kim's honesty. The more time he was spending with her, he liked her. And since both the mother and son had been honest with him he decided to return the favour.

'Mrs Kim, I have already said yes to the marriage. It's just that dad wants me to marry before the end of the month. I didn't agree before and had a lot of apprehensions but after meeting you all, I think maybe this will work out.'
Jungkook said sincerely.

And he had felt comfortable here. And the sooner he could let everyone in his life live their own lives, he would be happy. Namjin had just married. They deserved to have their own lives and not keep waiting for him to make decisions and put their own lives on hold. If it meant was doing something he wasn't comfortable in... He could do it. Plus the Kim's seemed like good people.

Ye Sura on the other hand could read the boy's expressions. She smiled to herself.

Her father was a businessman and so was he husband and then her son had carried out the responsibility. Her son in law too now was a businessman. These men who went out into the world and shouldered the weight of entire business on their tender shoulders since young ages. These men who were cold and meticulous with their decisions. These men whose decisions made or destroyed economies..... These men in their homes and personal lives were normal men with their insecurities, fears, confusions and flaws.

And she loved these men with her entire heart. She also knew that these men had no actual power if their personal lives were a mess. She had seen her mother make her husband the best business man out there. Had she not suffered her husband's absence with dignity and grace for years. Had it not been her who had to arrange lunches or dinners when their important deals got stuck. Had it not been her diplomacy in the terms of seating arrangement, food, her interaction with their wives that had secured the most important deals of her husband's company. If she was an integral part of her husband's life so were the spouses of those gathered. And Ye Sura had always knows how to play her cards well.

Ye Sura knew what it meant to be a partner or daughter-in-law of a business family.

Of course, the men talked and worked and did everything but when things hit rock bottom, it's the partners who get their husband's out of the ditch with their patience, love and intelligence. You never married a person, you married their work, their families, their insecurities, their stress... You shared everything. And Ye Sura looked at the man sitting in front of her. This man knew what responsibility meant. So, she knew he would be a good husband in terms of support. He also looked starved of love. Whenever she had loaded his plate of food, he had blushed and over lunch stolen glances at her son.

Ye Sura smiled. She knew her son. Tae loved deeply. He was just scared to and this man in front of her... He wanted to be loved. She knew she didn't need to get anything else checked. They would be good for her each other.

She was happy.

Two lost souls were about to find a home. And she was lucky enough to be a witness.

An: What do you think? Ye Sura is shocking, isn't she? We are not having trophy wives in this book. (Hehe)