Moon

Those of us with water in our personalities don't pick where we'll flow to. All we can do is flow where the landscape of our lives carries us.
~Arthur Golden

29.

'Hand me the oil hyung!' Kook said to Tae.

The couple was currently in their kitchen. Things were a bit awkward but they were both trying to behave normal. It was 9 already. They had finally decided to cook dinner. Taekbooki Tae had said when Kook had asked what he wanted to eat. So here, they were. Making the dish.

'You can set the table Hyung!' Jungkook said as he finished the last touches to his dish. He also took out the bottle of red wine and pour in into two glasses. Soo, both of them had set the table.

Tae switched off the white lights and turned on all the lamps shadowing the entire room in yellow hues. The moon could still be seen in the waves. It was beautiful. Kook noticed Tae's dislike to white light as soon as the evening started. He had noticed Tae switching off the white lights at evening at home too. He smiled. Remembering mentally, to always switch off white lights by evening.

He had told so much to Tae in a single day. Now he wanted to know more about Tae. So he asked questions.

'Tell me more about eomma and Appa hyung.' Kook said taking a piece of the rice cake in his mouth.

Tae smiled happy that they were going to start talking again. 'Well Eomma is a very strong lady. She helped me grow up. When you will be around her, you will know her more. She loves you. Appa is a whipped husband. Of you had asked me some years ago, I would have a different answer but he is much happier now.'

'I noticed Eomma taking some medicine hyung. What is that for?' Kook asked.

'Ah! She had deficiencies... Doctors say it is normal with age. But if she doesn't take her vitamins and calcium she gets pains in her bones. And as beautiful and amazing as my mother is, she hates taking her medicine. So, me or father usually have to keep standing next to her till she hasn't gulped them down.' Tae smiled remembering how his mother still behaved childlike for someone who handled the house all on her own.

Kook added another note. He would also take care that she took her meds.

Tae sighed. Kook noticed his mood change. 'What are you thinking hyung?' He asked.

'It's hard to see your parents getting old. You always imagine that they are always kind of going to be there but suddenly you start noticing them forgetting things. Not being able to do things they could do perfectly years ago and you realise that it's not just you growing up. They are getting old too. It's kind of hard. Mom was always healthy. And dad never used to forget to close the balcony door or his meetings. But Slowly, it has started happening and I never realised when from them taking care of me it became the other way.' Tae said. He immediately regretted it. He had said too much. He didn't want Kook to feel his burdens.

He immediately apologised, 'I am sorry. I got carried away.'

Kook realised what was happening, 'Don't hyung. We are in this together. They are my Eomma and Appa too now. I will be by your side. I will help you take care of them. Don't worry.'

Tae smiled. And the rest of the meal was silent. When they were done and had cleared the kitchen, Kook asked Tae if they could take a walk outside. Tae immediately agreed.

'Hyung can I ask you something? You don't have to answer if you are not comfortable.' Kook asked testing the waters.

'Sure.' Tae said as they walked holding each other's hand.