Home

You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.
~Nicholas Sparks

27.

An: Second update. Please read the previous one if you haven't already.

It was late afternoon. The couple had woken up at 6 and started at 7. The elder couple had wished them happiness and success as Eomma had forced them to keep packed sandwiches, cut fruits and some tea in a thermos in the car.

They had driven for around 6 hours and then taken a ferry. The slow ferry ride went on for three hours. Kook had slept half the car ride but then he had woken up feeling refreshed. They had stopped to eat in between and had thanked Eomma for packing enough food for them. On the ferry ride, Tae had fallen asleep looking at the waves while sitting. Kook hadn't woken him up, knowing Tae would be tired of driving so much. By now, Kook had already gotten to know that they were going to some remote island.

As the ferry stopped at an island, Tae woke up and streched his body. Him and Tae kept the luggage together. Kook looked around the house. It seemed like the only one in long distance. From every window, every door, the view of the sea and the music of the waves could be seen and heard. It was so calming. He was so lost in staring at the sea that he didn't notice Tae coming in the living room after keeping their luggage. 'Shall I show you around the house?' Tae said making Kook come out of his thoughts.

'Yes Hyung' Kook replied.

Tae gently held his hand and took him around. He started the tour, 'The entire ground floor is open area. As you can see this is the living room and it ends in an open kitchen. There is washroom at the side.' Kook looked around as Tae spoke. The house was beautiful. It was majorly white and grey in colour. The curtains, the walls were all white. And the entire ground floor was so spacy.... Almost the entirety of it was living room with a huge led screen placed at one end and couches and long low lying sofas all around kept in a square shape. All grey in colour complimenting the white of the walls. There was a medium saze table in the middle but the rest of the sofas for covered with small pillows, cushions, blankets. A little to the left was the open kitchen. Again, spacious and very well maintained. Whoever, owned this house really liked simplicity, Kook thought. The washroom was at the end of the hall but Tae was already dragging Kook to the upper floor. The white stairs and the glass railing added class to the entire house. Again, Kook noticed the lack of paintings or any art work in the house.

Tae started, 'This is the master bedroom. And there is a kid's nursery. I wanted to get rid of it when I bought the house but the previous owner was too close to it. There is -'

Before Tae could continue Kook interrupted, 'This is your house?'

Tae was taken aback by the sudden question. 'Yes, I bought it years ago and came here myself to buy it but I could never find the time to come back again.' Tae simply shrugged.

Kook was taken aback. He had so many questions but decided it was better to hold his tongue right now.

Tae continued, 'There is a balcony attached to the bedroom and a small kitchen. And there are guest bedrooms too. Nothing much though.'

Kook entered what Tae had called the master bedroom. Holy Shit! He thought as soon as he entered. The room was huge. It was in the shape of a Isosceles Trapezoid, the two walls parallel two each other where as the other two moving away from each other. It was beautiful. Both the unparalleled walls were made of glass. Kook could see the open sky and the rest of the island on one side and the sea merging into the sky in the horizon on the other. He was spell bound. A beautiful bed adorned the edge of the room and a piano was kept at the other end of the room. He found a door in one of the walls and opened it only to find a huge walk in closet. He couldn't keep himself shut anymore.

'Hyung! This is amazing. This house is beautiful.' Tae chuckled at Kook's awed tone.

'Thank you Kook. If you like it, we can come here whenever you want.' Tae said lovingly.

'Really hyung?' Kook asked his eyes open wide.

'Yes Kookie. We can.' Tae was smiling now. Happy that the younger had liked the home.

'But hyung why didn't you come after buying the house? It's so calm.' Kook asked unable to keep his curiousity at a bay anymore.

Tae tapped the seat just beside himself on the bed and Kook came and sat next to him.

'When I came to buy this house, I hadn't taken over Kim Industries. I was working there but Dad was still the CEO. I had come on a trip with Jimin and Yoongi hyung to this islan when I saw the house for the first time. The house was on sale. The owner had his children grow up in the house but after the children left for greener pastures, the Couple felt suffocated in the house. It was too big for them. I remember the owner telling me that the house was named, 'Qurbat''

Tae smiled thinking of the old memories.

'What does it mean hyung?' kook asked softly.

'It means closeness.' Tae said.

'So, is this house still called that or did you change it.' Kook asked.

'I called it Sonagi.' Tae said.

'But why hyung?' Kook asked curious again.

'You see I was very happy when I bought the house. But as soon as I went back, I had to take over the company. Dad wasn't keeping well and Mom wanted him to rest. So, this house became Sonagi... A heavy but brief rain shower on a sunny day. The meaning seemed apt for my situation. It made me happy for a brief moment of time when I needed to be happy the most.' Tae concluded.

He noticed the sadness in Kook's eyes as he said that. Tae himself knew that now that Kook was in his life... He wasn't unhappy anymore. So, he said something that made Kook blush furiously.

'Maybe the previous owner was right. This place should have always been called Qurbat (closeness)---you made my house a home baby.'

An: Please vote and do let me know if you liked the chapter.