Awakening

Respect was invented to cover the empty place where love should be.
~Leo Tolstoy

39.

Just as the Kim family was getting done with their lunch, Ye Sura showed signs of waking up. Tae was the first to notice the furrow in her eye brows and slowly she started trying to lift her hands.

The father and son quickly got next to her whereas Kook filled a glass a water knowing she might want it as soon as she wakes up. Slowly, Ye Sura opened her eyes and all three of them finally breathed.

'Why are you kids here?' Ye Sura asked as soon as she woke up.

'You scared us Eomma.' Tae said, tears leaving his yes as he hugged her. She patted his head.

'What do you take me for? I am still to see my grand children. I can't leave this earth so soon. Don't worry.'

'Jagi, don't talk like that' Mr Kim said, kissing her hand.

'Aish you guys. I just fainted. Relax. Let me sit up and hug my kookie.' Ye Sura said.

'Mom, you can't yet. You have hurt your back.' Tae said, stopping her in her attempts to stand up.

Tae made space for Kook to come and hug her. Kookie went and hugged her, 'Get well soon Eomma. You have to teach me so many things.'

'Ahh! My kookie missed me.' Ye Sura said.

'Do you need water Eomma?' Kook asked.

'Yes baby. A bit please.' Ye Sura lovingly replied.

Kookie gave her water and called for the help to clear their lunch and being a fresh bowl for Mrs Kim and her food.

Ye Sura noticed how they had been eating in front of her instead of dining table. Ah! They really were scared. It wouldn't be a lie of someone said that she was the glue that held the family together. But she was glad to see Kookie trying to hold the family in place. Ye Sura knew of something happened to her neither her son or her husband would be able to take care of anything. She was happy Kook would be able to take care of both of them. She could at least be at peace now.

As soon as her food was served, Tae and Kook left the couple alone, giving them some privacy. Tae knew his father wanted to hold her and he won't do any such thing in their presence. Kook took the clue and after making sure that there was enough water at her bedside, he too left.

Both of them were just getting out when they were met by Hobi coming up.

'How is Eomma Tae?' Hobi asked as soon as he saw the couple.

'She just woke up hyung. She is going to be fine.' Tae said relieved.

Hobi hugged both of them. As they were about to make their way to the library, Kook asked Tae, 'Hyung, Can you share the address of Eomma's doctor? He had mentioned some medicines. I will meet him and also ask him if there were specific instructions as to what to do and what not to.'

'Yes baby. I will. Just give me a moment. His card is in the library. I will just send Hobi along with it.' Tae said.

Kook nodded and Tae was about to go when he turned to Kook and hugged him,
'Be safe when you are out baby.'

'Yes hyung' Kook said.

Kook went to the room and changed his clothes, when he got out he heard a knock.

'Come in.'

'There you go Jungkook.' Hobi said with his signature sunshine smile. Jungkook couldn't help but smile back. He handed him.the card that had the address on it.