Resolution

You loved me-then what right had you to leave me? What right-answer me-for the poor fancy you felt for Linton? Because misery and degradation, and death, and nothing that God or Satan could inflict would have parted us, you, of your own will, did it. I have not broken your heart- you have broken it; and in breaking it, you have broken mine.
~Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë

47.

As soon as kook entered, for once he was glad that no one was in the living room.

He rushed to his room. He opened the door and saw Tae sitting staring into nothing. As Tae heard the door open, he turned to it. Kook went rushing to his husband and hugged him, 'Hyung.' he said and sniffed at his favourite straberry scent. He immediately felt better. He felt Tae wrapping his arms around him.

'You okay baby? Did something happen? What's the matter?' Kook heard Tae ask.

As he heard the words and the worry laced in his husband's words, Kook's heart broke. He had said so many things in anger and yet here Tae was... Worrying about him.

'I am so sorry hyungs.' Kook said unable to control the tears coming out of his eyes.

'Hey baby, look at me.' Tae said gently.

'I am sorry baby. I shouldn't have done what I did. Hyung is extremely sorry. Please don't cry love.' Tae said.

Kook heard his words and he could hear the helpless in his words and his actions as Tae kept wiping the tears that left kook's eyes. Of course, that lead to more tears but Tae didn't stop. He kept wiping them and started rambling, 'Baby hyung is so sorry. Please don't cry. You can punish hyung. Just don't cry darling. Please don't cry.'

Jungkook couldn't stop his heart from bleeding. He needed to make things right. He had fucked up.

'No hyung. I am sorry. I don't approve of what you did but I too shouldn't have done what I did. I am sorry. i am really sorry. I could have handled this better.' Kook said getting a hold of himself.

'We both could have handled it better baby. I am sorry too.' Tae said his hands shaking but his heart relaxing a bit.

'We need to talk hyung.' Kook said knowing it was time to have a serious conversation.

'Yes, I would like to explain why I did what I did. It's no excuse but I would like you to know where I came from.' Tae said as he made Jungkook sit properly in the bed.

Kook laid down and gestured Tae to did the same. Tae got up. Closing the windows and curtains. He switched off the lights only keeping the side lamps on.

Now it was just them in the world. They could talk now.

Tae went to the bed with Kook and lay on his side facing Kook. Kook hugged Tae.

Kook started threading Tae's hair knowing the leder would have a hard time expressing. So, he wanted to put him in a comfortable position.

'Tell me hyung. I will listen. I promise.' Kook said.

Tae started, 'For the last month, I have s-s-seen you do amazing work with your company. The first day you worked on the physical and mental health of trainees I was so proud of you. You let go of profit in the short term and focussed on long term. At such a young age, to do that and think like that is amazing Kookie. I am so proud of you for that. But then, I saw how you would come exhausted every day. How the c-c-company management started creating petty problems for you.' Tae stopped and sighed. God this was difficult.

He continued, 'I have seen you get stuck in stupid things because some dumb fucks won't understand your vision. All this while when you could be doing amazing work. I wanted to help you. From day one, I did. But, I thought you might think that I didn't believe in you so I stopped myself. It was hard. One of the hardest things I had to do in my life. I love you ... To see you come back tired and still working till the middle of the night. You face lost the shine Kook. Your eyebags kept increasing. You were sleeping less and less. And when you slept on the dining table... Something in me switched ... I got stuck in my spirals. Like how I was two years ago, when mom had to put her foot down after I fell sick. The difference was this time it wasn't me on the line. It was your health. I think I understand now why eomma did what she did when I fell sick. I lost my mind when I changed your clothes and put your sleeping body on the bed. My past... On you... With you ... I couldn't Kook. I am so sorry. I am a strong man Kook. I can take everything but...' Tae stopped as he held his tears in...