Advise

To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.

~

G.K. Chesterton

42.

No matter how badly kook wanted to be in Tae's arms, he needed to check on eomma first. He had not been able to check up on her the entire day. As soon as he entered, he saw her lying down peacefully with a book in her hand.

Ye Sura smiled as soon as she saw Kook entering her room. She kept the book aside and opened her arms to give the younger a hug.

'How is my baby?' she asked lovingly. Ruffling his hair as he got out of her embrace.

'Come sit.' Ye Sura said pointing to the bed. Kook quickly sat next to her.

'It was good.' kook said not wanting to worry her.

'Okay. Done with the lies? Now tell me the truth.' Ye Sura looked at him in his eyes as if she could see his soul from them.

Kook felt exhaustion wash over him in waves. He held his head in his face trying to will enough strength in him to sit and not lie down.

Kook realised he was taking to a woman who had probably seen countless hard days of her husband and son. He couldn't lie to her. She wasn't a fragile mother who needed to be protected from the harsh truths of life. She faced reality head on and always came out the other side.

Something in him made him want to tell the truth. 'It was challenging.' he said. His face still in his hands.

Ye Sura understood his need for warmth and his incapablitiy to understand what he needed. So she patted her lap.

'Come put your head in you Eomma's lap and tell me what happened.' Ye Sura said.

Kook had no energy left. He placed his head in her lap as she played with his hair as if he was a small boy---and that is exactly what Kook felt. He felt safe and protected.

'The situation is worse than I thought. Joonie hyung did a good job securing the deals and keeping us afloat as every other entertainment company faced losses. But I have worked in the lowest positions. I know now is the only time I will have to make reforms within the company. Joonie hyung has covered the outside deals that needed a CEO's attention at least for the next month. But, it was much worse inside. It was exhausting.' Kook said, the memories of pale, thin trainees hanging in front of his eyes.

Kids whose life choices were being taken away from them. Kids who should have a safe childhood. Dreaming and chasing your dreams is hard but it shouldn't be like a punishment. Grit and Overdrive---there was a very thin line of difference in between them. The kids might not know the difference but he was mature enough to know. The people who handled them knew. He is almost sure that the malnutritioned bodies of the kids will be one of the worst images he will ever see.

'Hmm... It's always difficult when you want to make changes internally. But i know baby that you can handle it.' Ye Sura said reassuring.

'That's the problem Eomma. I know I will handle it. But on the way, I will make enemies and revenge is a very powerful feeling. It didn't scare me before but now that I have a family and a name to protect... It makes me think twice before making any decision.' Kook said. Slowly closing his eyes, unaware that he was slipping into a stoupour.

'Ummm... I won't say that your fear is unfounded baby but maybe look at it another way. You family is not your weakness but your strength.' Ye Sura said.

Kook thought about it. Yes, it was kind of true. The enemies would think twice before doing anything. He is married to the most powerful business man in the country. And Taehyung would always support him. He has come to know at least that much about the younger.

Ye Sura knew she had given the boy enough to think. He would have to make his decisions on his own but having a counter perspective will help him not to be blinded by fear. It would give him another side to consider and she knew Kook was a wise man. He would make his choices carefully. The fact that he thought of his family just days after his marriage amidst so much happening was a proof enough that Kook knew what the priorities are. She knew he would be fine as long as he kept things that were dear to him close.

'Thank you Eomma.' Kook said genuinely thankful that she had been honest with him.

'But why are you alone Eomma. Where is Appa and the nurse?' Kook asked suddenly worried.

'Ah give me a break. I sent the nurse home for today. Your Appa has been sitting on my head since days. I have banished him from the room till 8. He will be back. That old man has been breathing down my neck every since the accident. I needed air to breathe. And your dear husband has checked at least ten times since morning. Honestly, I don't know if I am his mother or he is my mother. I needed time off from both of them. I am telling you these men can be frustrating with their love sometime. I have made mistakes. Don't go too soft on Tae. Don't repeat what I did. That old man nearly leaves me. As if I am a fragile China doll who will break of I reach for a glass of water. Let me get better. Only six days are left till I can walk. I am not going to let them near me. You see, I am telling you.' Ye Sura ranted and crumbled about her husband and Son.

Kook laughed loudly. He understood her. It could be irritating with people asking about you. He understood her. But he also detected the tone of tenderness, Love and gratefulness beneath all the fake anger.

'Yes Eomma. I will keep your words in mind.' Kook said laughing.

'Yeah now you laugh. Run from here child. Go to your husband. He also won't stop fretting about you.' Ye Sura said teasing her son.

'Eomma...' Kook whined and hid his face.

'Shoo! Run child. I am serious. He is waiting for you. The restless boy.' Ye Sura said again.

Kookie got up from the bed and smiled and left after hugging his eomma and asking her of she needed anything. Of course, he got a glare for an answer and was asked to run.

Kook opened his bedroom door. He saw Tae standing near the couch. He went and backhugged him. Tae could smell Kook and immediately put his guard down as he felt the youngers's arms around him. He untangled himself from his arms and turned.

'How is my baby?' Tae asked lovingly, embracing Kook in him.

Jungkook turned up his head from where he had hidden it in Tae's chest.

He kissed him with all his might. He was home. 'Better now, hyung.'

An: A huge thank you to all who constantly comment. I really do look forward to your comments. Please don't be a silent reader. Let me know if you are liking the story. It encourages me to write more. Please vote. I love you. Army forever 💜