Dinner

Ah, love, let us be true
To one another! for the world, which seems
To lie before us like a land of dreams,
So various, so beautiful, so new,
Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light,
Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain;
And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night.
~Matthew Arnold

25.

Jimin opened the door to a shy Jungkook and happy Taehyung. He ushered them inside the living area. After all the hellos were done. Tae started whining.

'I am hungry Hyung. Won't you feed your brother?' Tae started pouting looking at Yoongi.

Yoongi chucked. 'Aish this boy! Won't even let me breathe.'

Kook was amazed at how carefree Tae was. They indeed were his best friends.

As Yoongi went into the Kitchen to get the food, Jimin followed him to help him.

'Are you comfortable Kook?' Tae asked Kook who was sitting on the couch in the leaving room as Tae was half lying down on the sofa in what was previously Yoongi's lap.

'Yes Hyung.' Kook replied nodding enthusiastically. He had met the elders in his marriage and had already grown a bit comfortable with them.

'Come on babies' Jimin shouted from the dining room. And both of them went. Jimin offered them seats on Yoongi's right who sat at the head of the table as he himself sat left to Yoongi. Tae say next to Yoongi and Kook after that. Jimin served them food. As soon as it was served to everyone, Tae dug in. 'Hmmmmm hyung.... I missed your food so much.! Kook it's the best, isn't it?' Tae said. Yoongi just chuckled and Jimin laughed.

'Thank you hyung. It really is delicious.' Kook said. 'But I must thank you both for handling the shifting and collaboration also. Jimin Hyung for the wonderful interiors or for you literally taking away 70 per cent of my stress Hyung.' Kook continued sincerely.

Yoongi and Jimin smiled.

'Ah! There is no need for a thank you. You are a part of the family now Kook. You don't need to request us for anything. You just tell us what you want and we will take care. Okay?' Jimin said smiling.

'Thank you hyung. It means a lot to me. I know how busy both of you are. I am sorry for the inconvenience you had becuase of me.' Kook said knowing how big a favour both of them had done simply becuase they were Tae's friends.

'Wah! You are too good for this alien. Don't change Kookie. Don't become like this ungrateful brat. Preserve yourself.' Yoongi said teasing Tae.

Tae just made a face at his Yoongi hyung, not wanting to interrupt his eating. The food was too precious right now. Kook laughed and then blushed.

Jimin noticed the blush. He thought to tease the couple a bit.

'On the note of preserving, I wonder how you can walk Kookie. From what I know of my best friend he is... Let's say a bit wild.' Tae literally choked on his food.

Kook blushed and his face turned into a Tomato and the fact that he had to rub his husband's back and give him water... Which was like literally touching him as he grew hot didn't help him to stop his blushing.

Jimin smirked looking at both their conditions. Tae just wanted to change the subject so bad. As soon as he calmed down, he said, 'Isn't it too hot Kookie?'

Kook just nodded not understanding where his husband was going with this.

'I guess some Shorties get cold easily in this house.' Tae said looking at Jimin.