Health

Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.
~Veronica Roth

38.

After a three hour long nap, Kook got up. He went to the Kitchen directly. It was already 3 PM.

'Young master, Do you need something?' the help asked as soon as he entered.

'Yes, what is your name noona?' Kook asked respectfully.

'Suna, Young master.' the help replied.

Kook noticed she must be the same age as him.

He smiled and asked, 'Is the lunch ready noona?'

'No master. Not yet. Ma'am hadn't woken up yet and we didn't know what to Kook.' Suna replied.

'Can you please arrange for Samgyetang for everyone in forty minutes? Has Appa had his food?'

'No young master. He hasn't come out of his room.' Suna replied as she started the preparation of the dish.

'Okay. Please send someone to inform me when the food is done. Today, the food will be served in Eomma and Appa's room. Please ask someone to arrange for bed tables and keep them outside their room. I will serve the food myself.'

'Yes, Young master.' Suna again replied.

'Noona, at what time does everyone have dinner?' Kook asked happy that she had started on the dish.

'At 10, young master.'

'Okay. Please prepare Jjigae for tonight.' Kook said. He had more questions. But he would come later and ask when Tae had gotten busy. Right now, he was sleeping and that was okay.

He went to Eomma and Appa's room and slowly opened the room. He saw both of them sleeping. Appa was holding Eomma's hand while sleeping. They looked peaceful. He felt relieved.

He made his way to Kook's library and asked the butler to send someone who could clean.

The butler, who told his name was Do-Yun, sent a young boy with Kook.

Kook entered the library and switched on Tae's laptop and place his Ipad that he had retrieved from their luggage as the boy cleaned the room. Kook noticed cold air coming from the window. So, he closed half of the window and put a sofa cushion on the chair. He kept some healthy snacks too on side table.

As the boy was leaving, Kook said, 'Can you please ask Suna noona in the kitchen to make orange juice and send it to the library. He saw a side table and placed ot below the chair to serve as foot rest.

He went to the laundary closet and took out fresh cushions and a soft blanket and placed it on the couch, in case Tae wanted to work while sitting on the sofa and placed another side table there to serve as footrest. He went to the garden and picked up some fresh flowers and replaced the one's on Tae's table. After he was satisfied with the library and realised there was no more he could do, he went to his own room.

Very slowly, he opened the door to his own room. He saw Tae squirming on the bed. He gave him a cushion to hold on to. He knew Tae would wake up soon. He took out fresh clothes for himself and comfortable T shirt and shorts for Tae. He took out his own clothes and then replaced Tae's shorts with joggers. It was cold in the library. Tae could get sick. He kept Tae's clothes on the bed as he went to freshen up. He took a hot shower to take out all the tiredness from his bones. He felt better. When he came out, he saw Tae rubbing his eyes, having just woken up. He went to him and kissed him on his cheeks.

'You woke up hyung' Kook said.

'Hmmm' Tae said as he nodded his head.

'Did mom wake up?' he suddenly asked realising where he was.

'No hyung. She is sleeping. I just checked on her.' Kook said as he drew the curtains of the room to allow some light to come in. Tae got up and Kook handed him his clothes, 'Freshen up hyung. Lunch is getting ready.'

Tae nodded. He went to the washroom and took a shower. The fact that Kook had checked up on Eomma made him feel supported. As of he didn't have to do everything alone. As he took a shower, he called Hobi hyung and gave him a heads up that Tae would be asking about to send work. On his wedding, he had realised Hobi hyung wasn't just his secretary but also his friend. So, he told him what had happened and that Tae would start working after an hour or so.

As soon as Hobi heard, he said he would come to the Kim mansion and it would be easier for Tae to work if he was there right in front of him updating him on everything.

He thanked him and requested him to reach after an hour and a half.

Tae came out as he cut the phone.

'What happened Kookie?' Tae asked.

'Nothing hyung. Hobi hyung said he will come in an hour and a half. I guess by that time we can have lunch. Let me go and check on it.' Kook said and turned to leave the room.

Tae held his hand and hugged him.

'Thank you baby.' Tae said looking in his eyes.

Kook understood his emotion. He nodded, 'We will handle this together hyung, Don't worry.'

Tae nodded. He let Kook go.

He sat on the bed as soon as Kook left. This was the first time, Tae had support. He didn't have to handle everything alone. Someone was doing something for him because they loved him. Except his family and hyungs, no one else had ever done that. And this was different. Kook taking care of him reminded him of how Eomma took care of his Appa. He felt loved. Kook understood him. Tae felt grateful. He made their bed and switched on the yellow lights.

Kook, on the other hand, made sure that lunch was ready to be served. He went back to his room.

'Hyung? I thought it would be better if we had lunch in Eomma and Appa's room. Appa hasn't come out of the room, since we came out. I don't think he would leave even for lunch. So I thought maybe we can all have lunch in their room. And hopefully, Eomma will wake up too.'

Tae was again taken aback the youngers's thoughtfulness. But he gathered his thoughts and said, 'Yes, please ask them to get the dishes and I will go to Appa.' As he went out, he placed a kiss on his forehead in gratefulness.

As Kook went to Kitchen, Tae woke up Appa and sent him to freshen up as he placed the bed table for his Appa to eat and placed two chairs near his Eomma's side of the bed.

Soon, Kook came in along with Suna and they placed the dishes at the table kept in the room. Suna went to get cutlery and Kook started arranging the food.

Everyone was being a little quiet as Eomma was still sleeping.

Soon, Appa came out and saw the arrangement. He felt grateful. He instinctively knew that Kook had done this. Tae was too broken by the news just like him. But of course, wasn't showing him as his nature.

Mr Kim realised, he had to be strong for both the kids and Ye Sura.

'Let's have lunch boys.' he said and Tae served everyone food.

All three of them hoped in their hearts that Ye Sura would get up and join them too. Little did they know their prayers were about to be heard.

.

An: Are you liking where the story is going?