Advances

Doesn't everything die at last ~ Mary Oliver

3

Jeon Jungkook, the happy go lucky guy, the sweet bunny, the hard working man, the party hard guy,the one whom everyone loved.... That's how the world knew him. Only a few knew the real man behind the mask. The one who went out into the night because his voice suffocated him in his room. The one whose physicals scars had gone away but mental ones had lingered in the crevices of his blood stream not leaving his soul.

Jeon Jungkook, the youngest son of Jeon's who was to inherit the business as soon as he was ready.... The Jeon Jungkook who wanted to kill the sunlight that was hitting his face and making his face warm and head hurt.

'Arghhh! This shit!' Kook cursed and lazily took his pounding head and perky ass to the bathroom. As he looks into the mirror, the face of an angel stares back. Long lashes, sweet pink lips and hair that told the story of his last wild night. He washed himself in a hope to cool down his face and did his morning routine. Grumpy, of course, till his mother silently passed him his banana milk and he gutted it down his throat in one go. Thankful his father wasn't here otherwise he would be hearing hell early in the morning.

He and his father had a tricky relationship. Both loved each other too much for their own good. Sometimes too much love too causes suffocation. But that is a story for another day.

Right now he sat and ate his cereal noticing his mother was worried about something.

'What's it mom?' Jungkook finally asked his mother after he could not take his mother's anxious fidgeting fingers anymore.

'Ahh nothing baby' Mi Ara says trying to shrug off and reaches for the milk in a hope that Kook would let it go.

'Really mom? Come on. Spill.' kook saod looking intimidating letting his mom know he would be pissed if she didn't tell him now.

Though the truth was he was just scared. His father had not been home for the last week and he had noticed his mom getting anxious with each passing day.

Mi Ara sighed. She knew she had no choice. And wasn't it better that she told her son instead of her husband. If he told Jungkook there would be a war in the household. And there was a limit to the level of loud voices she could hear. She too was getting old. The daily drama between the father and son exhausted her. So if she had to be a bait and the bearer of bad news and have her bunny yell at her, so be it. At least, the two men in her life wouldn't be at each other's throats.

'Umm.... I was ... Uh... It's not that serious... And of course... I won't let anything happen that you don't want... But... Uhh i was just wondering if you have ever though of arrange marriage?' Mi Ara said hesitantly.

'Oh!' was all Jungkook could say. His eyes lowered and the spoon dropped from his hands. It hurt. The past coming back before his eyes. There was a time he wanted to be married not so long ago. He had been dying for his mom to bring up the topic. Waiting for Namjoon hyung to get married so that he too could settle down... But that was before... Before him... Now he had no one. He wasn't interested in dating. He stayed off men. He guarded his hearts with a steel sword. But he would have to marry one day. He knew this conversation would happen some time. He hadn't expected so soon. But wait a minute...

'Mom I won't marry a girl. I am gay you know that, right? Kook's voice cracked. He could bear the arrange marriage thing but not marry a woman. He could just never see them that way.

Mi Ara was stunned. She had expected him to shout, worse break things... But here he was just saying that he wanted to marry a guy. She saw kook's eyes dropping. She had been too late to reply. Shocked.

'Oh yes yes. Yes baby. I know. Don't worry. It would be a man.' Mi Ara said. Rushing to kookie and held his hand.

Jungkook felt like he could finally breathe. The seconds his mom had taken had made him imagine scenarios he did not quite like. He felt his mother holding his hand. He saw her hesitation. Her shock. Her greying hair. He knew how much she worried about him. Especially after his break up.

To be honest, he was tired too. He was tired of spending nights drowned in liquor hoping that the voices in his brain shut up. It would be nice to share a room with someone.

'umm.. do you guys have someone in mind?' Kook asked composing himself.

Mi Ara was not expecting this question. But she thanked her stars for what was happening for it wasn't less than a miracle. She quickly started blabbering before she lost the chance.

'uhh yeah.... Your dad had gone to meet his old partner after years. He too has a son. He is a businessman. He is gay too. Your father said he is also good looking. He hasn't met the son yet because we didn't know how you would react. So, he hasn't met the son yet. But if it's okay with you. I will ask him to meet him before he comes back...' Mi Ara rapped faster than the Rap God Suga.

Jungkook sighed. A heavy sigh. The sigh a characteristic to him now. He looked into his mother's eyes and said 'Ask him to meet the son before coming.' Saying this he stood up from the table and was about to leave when he looked to his mother's direction and asked,

'What's his name?'

'Kim Taehyung'

AN: I hope you liked the story. Please let me know what you feel.