Passing on

Nobody's lives just fit together. Fitting together is something you work at. It's something you make happen - because you love each other.

~

Rainbow Rowell

57.

Tae and Jungkook stood looking over the garden. The garden was ready once again. This time with red and white flowers Taeji had wanted for her wedding.

Tae encased Kook in his arms. Kook gently leaned into his husband's chest like the thousands of times he had done in the last thirty years. Tae placed his chin on Kook's head, 'What are you thinking baby?'

'About the time we got married here, hyung.' Kook replied.

'Hmm.... The first or the second?' Tae questioned as he scented his husband's soft shampoo.

'Both hyung' Kook replied.

'Hmmm' Tae said lazingly. Their bodies automatically swaying slowly in the position they were in from the soft music that was wafting in the house from Taejin's room.

'You think we were too strict with out children?' Kook asked his husband.

'Why do you think that baby?' Tae asked. Years ago, Tae would have been alarmed at his husband's questions but now he knew the younger. He knew Kook had passing thoughts coming and going and he often liked his husband's opinion on them. And if what he was thinking was serious he would consider Tae's advice seriously like the meticulous business Jungkook was.

'I don't know. Why is our 25 year old having her bachelor's at her home? Aren't there like clubs and all specifically for these?' Kook said. Tae could imagine the small frown on his husband's forehead. He slipped his hand to Kook's face and smoothened it.

'Baby, you know Taeji takes after me. People and noisy places are not really her deal. She wanted to have a quiet pizza night with her siblings.' Tae replies calmly.

'Yes exactly hyung. She is with Homi, Naji and Suji... Suji is literally her fiance's sister. Doesn't Taeji want to do something wild since it's her last night as a single person?' Kook thought out loud.

Tae laughed, 'Baby, Taeji has literally been dying to marry Minjae since the last ten years. I doubt she will be mourning her single life. More like she will be crying in happiness that she won't be alone in her bed tomorrow.'

'Ah yes! I will finally have you to myself. I am sorry but you love her too much hyung. Who let's their 25 year old daughter into bed because she is scared?' Kook pouted.

'Baby, come on. You know you can't send her back to her room when she is afraid. Even you have been unable to get her to agree to that.' Tae exclaimed.

'Yes. I know. I am sorry.' Kook said in a small voice.

Tae turned him around. 'Baby what are you actually thinking?'

Kook looked down just like the forst time when Tae had asked him something serious. He hugged him and hid his chest. Tae let Kook do it. He knew he would anyway feel better and it would be easier for them to have a conversation.

'It's just that she won't be home tomorrow hyung. Like she will leave with Minjae like any other date but this isn't a date hyung. She is getting married. She won't live here. No one will wake me.uo in the morning because they want their toast by me. No one keep me up till night worrying. Who will get her to eat her breakfast and dinner... You know she always skips her dinner if I don't force her. She works too hard. She doesn't know when to rest. She doesn't even know how to iron her clothes hyung. I doubt she can cook anything except ramen. She won't be around anymore hyung. The house will always be clean. No one will misplace anything or bring a hurricane every morning. It will be too quite. Junhyung is too sweet. He doesn't do all of this. He will miss her and he won't say it. He will get lonely. He...'